Question about C-Section..

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
I'm due for a C-section later this summer. And every time I think about it, my stomach feels sick. I'm already really nervous. I heard that the spinal block makes you feel like you're suffocating.. Is that true? And I heard it makes you unable to move.. What if it paralyzes my chest and I can't breathe at all! :nope: Am I being irrational? Please tell me its not that bad!!:nope:

I hd one last time and requested one this time so go in 4weeks today for it. It was fine last time- doesnt feel like ur suffocating at all. It doesnt really 'feel' of anythin lol! Its normal to fret tho cus im really nervous this time incase sumthins changed but i know it'l be fine. Its the hormones makin ya fret - i blame them for everything hehe! :)

I had the same fears as you but ive read so many girls say that it wasnt bad at all..plus, you will see your baby and that will distract you from the other stuff. :) My Doctor told me it just makes you feel like a little heavy on your chest but nothing to stress over at all. If my Doctor is all cool about it, than I guess I will be too. :) Good Luck!!

I had an emergency section yest and didn't need a spinal
Block the epidural worked ok on it's own altho I'm not gonna lie.. I hated and my stomach is killin now :( xx

I`m scared of thought of having a c-section. I think I will have a big baby and think that will be the reason why I may have to get a c-section. My doctor hasn`t said anything about getting a c-section or even asking me what my thoughts were about it in case we may have to go that route when it`s time for my delivery.

Im due another c-sec this aug

i had spinal, and no didn make me feel like i was suffocating
Of couse you will have no feeling from chest down but thats GOOD
because tbh u'll see yourself when u ave the sec why that is..
also i had oxygen mask on the whole time so that also helped..
go in open minded and you wont be long forgetting any fears
theatre exp for me was a huge shock, but once you see baby
you forget all about it..
imagine this..within 5min you been put on that table
you'll be hearing your babys cry and see your babys face for the 1st time
its amazing..
and rest of it plain sailing.. xx

I'm due for a C-section later this summer. And every time I think about it, my stomach feels sick. I'm already really nervous. I heard that the spinal block makes you feel like you're suffocating.. Is that true? And I heard it makes you unable to move.. What if it paralyzes my chest and I can't breathe at all! :nope: Am I being irrational? Please tell me its not that bad!!:nope:

I felt like I couldn't breath with my first I was panicking so they put a mask on me...

I had an emergency c-section last time because my son's heart rate dropped and they couldn't get it back up... I was terrified for him.

However, the surgery was quick and I was on cloud 9 once he was out and up motoring around the hospital the next day with no problems.

I am having another in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"