Question about cervical mucus during menstruation (might be tmi)

felecia

Just my husband and me
Reaction score
Hello, I just came off b/c pills in December, and I was on 1000 mg of metformin. I came off the b/c pills and continued to metformin, but I didn't have a menstrual cycle and was 13 days late. My dr upped my metformin to 2000 mg daily and gave me provera 10 mg for 10 days so I can begin 150 mg of Clomid on my 3rd day of my cycle. I started my period yesterday (yes Valentine's day of all days lol) and today I am flowing like a normal period but I have a TON of egg white cervical mucus. Being I was so late and had to take provera to bring on a period... could I be ovulating. I'm kind of new to this because I never was one to notice my CM but I was confused because I am having the "fertile" mucus during my period. So, if anyone has any input on this I'd appreciate it!

hmmmmm could be...you could take an opk test but you may have missed the hormone surge. will your DH BD with you right now? might as well..couldnt hurt!! :thumbup:

hmmmmm could be...you could take an opk test but you may have missed the hormone surge. will your DH BD with you right now? might as well..couldnt hurt!! :thumbup:

Lol... I try not to do the opk tests anymore b/c I kept getting negatives and depressed, just figured it wasn't a good idea to do something that made me feel down all the time. I have extremely irregular periods (had a 9 month period once... wasn't the greatest thing ever lol) and my DH is ready to BD anytime I swear LOL! I guess it couldn't hurt... just doesn't make me feel that... err great.

oh geez! a 9 month period?!? that sucks! I say jump on DH and hope for the best! Baby dust!!

I was actually noticing this same thing the other day when I got my AF. I did a google search and basically what I found out is that it is not EWCM, but it looks a lot like it. It is actually just part of the uterine lining that is being shed during menstruation. Isn't it funny the things we notice when TTC that we never noticed before?

Exactly my point, i have ewcm during AF and practically none other than sticky white CM during O, (weird isnt it? Lol)
D EWCM u c during AF isnt from ovulation. Thou av heard of women that ovulate early in their cycle getting pregnant from sex they had during AF.
GL

Thanks everyone :) I guess if it was ovulation then I at least ovulated right? LOL... I think it's my uterine wall shedding too... I'm taking clomid starting today though, then a blood test on day 14-16, then exam cycle day 28... at that time I should know if I ovulated :) FX for all of you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->