Question about cervix positioning

Sini

Reaction score
So I was thinking.. I cant even locate my cervix at the moment, so no idea if its soft or dialated or what not.. Most propably none of the above.. Anyway I was wondering; does the cervix "drop down" lower etc gradually before birth or can it be "up there" and then you just go into labour and the cervix sorts it out there and then?

I remember MW saying at one of the antenatal classes that the cervix has to move from posterior position DURING labour so I was just wondering if the location of it (low or high) happens before labour or during..

If it drops down gradually.. I will have a LONG time left before LO is here :D At the moment Im convinced mine has gone AWOL all together :D

Sorry for a messy post and question but struggling to explain what I mean :D

posteriour means behind, so basically when your babys engaged in the pelvis the cervix hides behind ur babys head which makes it all more nearly impossible to feel urself, if it moves forward ul beable to feel it a lot more easily, but everyones is different, it might soften a week before labour or not at all until labour begins, but i would advice doing some research on self cervix checks first before u go prodding just incase u do some damage xx

with my second my cervix was high posterior and firm at my Wed midwife appointment it was high posterior and softer when i went to be induced on Thursday evening and he was born before 7am the next morning,
its more common first time round for baby to not start arriving till your cervix is in a good position for it but it can all change really quick too even for a first time mum

Aye thanks! Yeh im not trying to do anything, I just felt to see where it was so to speak :D I wouldnt try anything but thanks for the heads up!

It's different for everyone hun.. For some people it comes down gradually, others it doesn't come down till their in labour. Again, one of those things are completely dependant on the person. Personally, with both my pregnancies, my cervix has came down and started dilating pretty early (2.5cm and "right there" with my son at 33wks, 1cm and almost right there currently @ 29wks) - Still had my son full term (37wks) lol x

Easiest way to feel it is when your sat on the toilet. With DD mine was very posterior the day before I went into labour and my small fingered midwife had difficulty reaching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->