Question about charting and when you take your BBT

LilyMarie

Reaction score
Okay, so this is my first month charting and what not, and I’ve been taking my temperature right when my alarm goes off at 7 am. However, there’s been a few times this week where I have woken up earlier, at 6 or 6:30. I still don’t get up until 7, just lay there in bed, but I’m wondering how this is affecting my temps. I’ve been taking my temperature right when I wake up, regardless if that is 6:00 or when the alarm goes off at 7, but I’m wondering if I’m getting inconsistent readings since the timing isn’t always the same.

Is it better to take it right when I wake up, no matter what the time, or wait until 7 am every morning if all I’m doing is just laying bed before hand. I know getting up, moving around, peeing, etc. can affect the temps, but is simply being awake and laying down in bed, not really doing anything, going to make a difference?

Just want to make sure I’m doing this right!

According to ff (I looked this up on their Q&A) it takes a bit of trial and error to see which gives you the most accurate pattern. Remember it's the pattern which is important rather than the individual temperatures. I did a bit of both, sometimes temping earlier and sometimes waiting until the right time, although it wasn't usually more than about 35-45 mins difference. I got a very clear temp spike so was able to get a very clear idea of when I O'd.

I gave up temping after one cycle though so I don't know how much help I'll be!

Agree with the PP, and also I think consistency is more important here. As long as you don't get out of bed and move about I would keep temping at the same time as you normally do (7am).

As far as I know, even laying there for 30 mins will affect your temp and your body heat will rise. That's why they say you need to temp the second you wake up. As the others have said, you'll need to look at the pattern more, but really, taking your temp 30 mins or so earlier should be fine.

There is this calculator that I use when that happens to me, it seems to be pretty accurate... https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->