Question about cycle length

JellyPickles

Reaction score
Hello! I'm wondering how many days your cycle can vary from month to month while still being considered 'regular'? My cycle is always around 30 days, but I haven't started charting and really paying attention to it until last month. My last cycle was 29 days but the one before that is 34, is 5 days a small enough variance to still be normal?

I'm a little bit worried about my fertility because DH and I have been NTNP for 11 years with no pregnancies at all. We had one son together before that. He thinks nothing is wrong because my cycles are so regular. My temps are all over the place, but I suspect that's due to inconsistent fan and blanket use. :dohh: I plan on tempting vaginally to see if that changes anything for next cycle, but in the meantime any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e42a9/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I think every doctor has their own opinion. I skipped an entire period once and my doctor said it was normal. She told me as long has I was having a period every three months I was fine. However, most people will say up to 40 days is normal. But if you're concerned I would make an appointment, better safe than sorry.
Good luck!

Hello! I'm wondering how many days your cycle can vary from month to month while still being considered 'regular'? My cycle is always around 30 days, but I haven't started charting and really paying attention to it until last month. My last cycle was 29 days but the one before that is 34, is 5 days a small enough variance to still be normal?

I'm a little bit worried about my fertility because DH and I have been NTNP for 11 years with no pregnancies at all. We had one son together before that. He thinks nothing is wrong because my cycles are so regular. My temps are all over the place, but I suspect that's due to inconsistent fan and blanket use. :dohh: I plan on tempting vaginally to see if that changes anything for next cycle, but in the meantime any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e42a9/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I would continue to keep a log so you have a few more months of data to go by. When I first started tracking my cycles, I had a 23 day cycle, but every other cycle has been 27/28 days (I've been tracking for 10 months). Could be any number of things that make your cycle vary, but the longer you have data for, the more you can begin to see patterns. I wouldn't be worried about a difference from one month to the next unless it's a frequent occurrence. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->