Question about dating scan

vulcano

Reaction score
I am currently pregnant with my second child- my first is 7 months. I thought I was 10 weeks since that was the last and only time I had gotten my period. I went in for a dating scan which put me at 13 weeks. This means that I got pregnant before my period came back but then had my period once I became pregnant. I’m so confused, my first was born right on his due date. Do you think this scan is accurate? Has this happened to anyone else?

Was the period before that normal? Could it of been implantation bleeding

10-13 weeks is awfully late for a dating scan. Usually they're done between 6-8 weeks otherwise it isn't as accurate because it could be possible that you just have a larger than average baby.

We have dating scans at around 12 weeks in the UK. Then another at 20 weeks

They did my dating scan at 8 weeks because they say it’s thenmost accurate that early. I was moved ahead a week this time.

In the UK dating scans are only done between 11-14 weeks. I agree with Glong could it of been implantation bleeding?

Here in Canada (at least where I live!) they do the first one between 10 and 13 weeks. (My apt is at 10+4).

My sister was added a week and a half when she had hers! But as many have mentioned was it a full on period, or perhaps a little lighter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->