• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question about dream feed

couttsloz

Reaction score
Okay I may be asking a really stupid question but my 3 month old is formula fed and I'm going to try a dream feed as per baby whisperer book. However what I don't understand is am I supposed to do this when she is just lying in her cot ?? Do I pick her up ?? If I pick her up won't she just wake ?? If ive not to pick her up then how on earth do i wind her ?? Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

They usually stay asleep when you dream feed them... I pick up Liam and he stirs a bit but does not wake. Then he eats till he's full or passes out again and I can't wake him. I also read that you don't wind them because it would wake them. I never have and he hasn't seemed affected by it IE. no gas pains keeping him awake.. I love the dream feed!

Every baby is different with this, but I would pick Charlotte up and she would stay asleep or at least really drowsy. She would just take the bottle and drift right back off. Their sucking reflex is pretty strong, so they don't need to wake fully to eat. I never winded my LO after a dream feed. Most will eat really slowly and don't need it.

I pick my lo up and hold her for the dream feed. If lo is in a deep sleep and you pick them up really slowly and gently, they shouldn't wake all the way up, maybe just wiggle a bit. Once I sit down with lo she's prefectly still again and sound asleep and I just touch the bottle nipple to her lips and after a few seconds she'll take the nipple and drink. She keeps her eyes closed and eats while she's pretty much asleep. She's sound asleep by the time she finishes and I don't burp, they drink so slowly with a dream feed that they don't need a burp.

The whole thing seems almost impossible until you do it lol. Now, some babies don't do well with it and it disrupts them, most will be fine though and you have to try it to know. They gets really used to it after a few nights too, part of the routine.

I wouldn't do it while lo is laying down in her cot, you don't want her feeding laying flat like that. Some people do do it that way, but I wouldn't.

my dream feed for both my babies is done with them laying in their bassinet...this is done if they do not awake for feed before bed between 9 and 10 pm...my girl gets the most dream feeds because she tends to be very fussy some days and wont eat and and wont sleep and then finally when she does fall asleep she is missing a feed and so the dream feed is the only way she gets her afternoon meal..

when the dream feed is done between 9 and 10, after feed I gently wake them to change their diaper for overnight...and now both sleep through the night and it takes very little effort for them to go back to sleep after the diaper change!

oh I used to pick up Rosalina for a dream feed and she would be half awake but lately the picking up really awakes her and the feed is impossible even though she is hungry!

i hate waking her up but she needs to eat and the dream feed really does help with STTN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->