Question about Ectopic...

LaurenDC

Me, DH, DS and Bun
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I found out on New Year's Day that I was pregnant. :happydance: DH and I one night in December decided to give it a go, even though we were going to wait a few more months to try for Baby #2. It was midway through my cycle and I wasn't sure if I had already missed ovulation, since we weren't actively trying. Anyway, after getting ovulation cramping around 12/19-12/20, I decided to test starting 12/29. Got BFN both 12/29 and 12/30. Decided to skip 12/31, tested New Year's Day and to my surprise, BFP! I am guessing I was around 12-13 dpo at the time (but I didn't test the day before so maybe it would've been positive at 11-12 dpo, too?). Anyway, my OB does not see me until 8 weeks pregnant. I promised myself I wouldn't be as neurotic this time around but I just can't help but worry. Reading about ectopic pregnancy, it says it happens in 1 out of every 50 pregnancies. That's 2% of all pregnancies! That's a lot in my opinion. Now I have zero risk factors (I'm 27, never had any surgeries, STDs, PID, etc.) and I don't have any symptoms either. I've had some mild abdominal cramping, exactly the same as I did with DS. My FRERs have also gotten darker and darker. My last test was from yesterday at around 18-19 dpo. Is it true that HPTs don't usually get very dark when you have ectopic? I just can't help but think about it until I see my baby at 8 weeks. Any insight would be so appreciated.

Photo of my FRERs:
https://s1128.photobucket.com/user/laurentotaro/media/HPT%20January%202014/010714b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Bleeding or one sided pain are really the things you want to focus on if you suspect an ectopic which I doubt you have hun. Also 1 in 50 is quite high and all the sources I have found indicate at best it's more like 1 in 100 so unsure where you got that scare from! Try not to worry unless you actually have more than one of the symptoms of an ectopic. Just so you know moving forward my test had great progression and my hcg was doubling up until about 6.5 weeks but the heavy bleeding was my biggest sign. Some women describe a distinct dark brownish red watery bleeding which I also had after the heavy bleed.

Signs of an ectopic

• Abdominal or pelvic pain or tenderness. It can be sudden, persistent, and severe but may also be mild and intermittent early on. You may find that it gets worse when you're active or while moving your bowels or coughing. You may feel it only on one side, but the pain can be anywhere in your abdomen or pelvis. It may be dull or sharp, and you may also have nausea and vomiting.

• Vaginal spotting or bleeding if you've had a positive pregnancy test result. It may look like the start of a light period. The blood may look red or brown, like the color of dried blood, and may be continuous or intermittent, heavy or light.

• Shoulder pain. Cramping and bleeding can mean many things, but pain in your shoulder, particularly when you lie down, is a red flag for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, and it's critical to get medical attention immediately. The cause of the pain is internal bleeding, which irritates nerves that go to your shoulder area.

• If a fallopian tube has ruptured, you may also have signs of shock, such as a weak, racing pulse; pale, clammy skin; and dizziness or fainting. In that case, call 911 without delay

Thanks so much for the info. I don't know why ectopic is on the brain today, I guess since I can't see my baby for so long it's just hard not to worry. I'm only about 4w 5d right now and so I have a loooong wait. So sorry for your losses.

Thanks so much for the info. I don't know why ectopic is on the brain today, I guess since I can't see my baby for so long it's just hard not to worry. I'm only about 4w 5d right now and so I have a loooong wait. So sorry for your losses.

I know it's a tough wait! my chances for an ectopic were much higher this time around so they scanned me several times leading up to 6 weeks when they finally ruled out an ectopic...scary lol. Anyway we have baby girl due in June so the past is the past. Thanks and happy and healthy 9 months to you!

I know it's a tough wait! my chances for an ectopic were much higher this time around so they scanned me several times leading up to 6 weeks when they finally ruled out an ectopic...scary lol. Anyway we have baby girl due in June so the past is the past. Thanks and happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Thank you and congratulations to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->