Question about faint OPK lines...

Kath22

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Currently CD 96, no AF since coming off BCP in Oct. I'm counting the 'CDs' from the date of my withdrawl bleed. I bought some cheap OPKs the other day, got a BBT thermometer too. Haven't touched the things yet! Thought well why not give it a go - get some practise for when I actually ovulate (as I have no idea whether I have yet!!)

Just done an OPK, thought I'd test everyday at 6pm after coming home from work. Had the dark control line, and a fainter test line. I KNOW it says 'if its faint then it's not a positive' and I'm in no way saying 'ooh it must be positive, aren't I lucky, first go and I'm ovulating!'

I'm just wondering what it all means. I have 20 OPKs, so was gonna see how they go over 20 days. If they're all the exact same shade, with no lighter or darker ones, what does this mean? Obviously if I'm lucky enough to get a dark line then I can congratulate myself. But the fact that I have 'a' line to begin with, does this mean I'm around ovulating?

Just wondering what you're advice is. As I said, I'm clueless.

Attachments

• OPK%2022nd%20Jan.jpg
    OPK%2022nd%20Jan.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 24
:hi: Hi there!

That's honestly a pretty dark line [normally you always have a line, each person is def on how dark it is from day to day during their cycle.] I've not used those tests before but whenever I see someone else post those, they seem to be much lighter when they aren't close to ovulating. Even though you are cd96 [:shock: so sorry, btw, really sucks what bc can do to our cycles :dohh:] it looks like you may be getting close.
Def keep testing, and bding. Hope you o soon and catch that egg! :dust:

[let me know if you'd like to see examples of my just after af up to O opk results for some sort of referrence, I can post some pics for you! :flower:]

My OPK today (one underneath) doesn't look any different to me. The more I look at it the more it looks lighter than yesterdays??

Attachments

• Bridgend-20130123-03023.jpg
    Bridgend-20130123-03023.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
You're right, it does look a bit lighter. Mine [this cycle] did that. Fade in and out. They can do that sometimes as your body gears up to ovulate. I would say start temping as well but usually you need to start that at the begining of a cycle to get your baseline [coverline as fertility friend calls it]. It may be worth it still though, because you can track if you have a sharp dip and then spike [more accurate sign of ovulation than opks alone]. If you look at my chart [in my siggy] it has the few dips and then the sudden spike today so O happened yesterday! Hope some of this helps! :flower:]
Keep on testing though!

:dust:

Yeah I think I'll start temping 2moro! I did stick my alarm on to do it, but as I had a day off I turned the alarm off lol! Better luck 2moro ;-) xx

Today's OPK at the bottom...

Attachments

• Bridgend-20130124-03045.jpg
    Bridgend-20130124-03045.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 17
kath, was your period regular prior to going on BC? cd 96 seems just crazy to me but if that is normal for you then i suppose i would understand if there was no worries about it. Personally i would have been on the phone with my GYN like yesterday.

nevermind kath you answered my question in another thread ....good luck with everything

Hiya, I'm on CD 103 now eeeeek!! Yep 28 day cycle regular like clockwork before BCP. Had periods from age 12-18, went on BCP then for 6yrs. Been off it now for like 110 days. My blood tests have come back as normal. I'm waiting for an ultrasound appointment (could take few weeks) I'll see if I have any cysts or ovary problems. Then if the doctor doesn't prescribe me something to bring on AF, I'll be looking into herbal remedies. I'm going insane without AF. I'm temping + OPKing for a month just to see what my body's up to!! Definitely not pregnant, which is fine, just want my body back to normal now :( my doctor did say they don't usually do any tests before 6mths of TTC, but she could see I was upset + stressed, which is why she ordered the bloods + ultrasound. Worst thing is being told just to 'wait + see'. Sooo annoying!!!

Xx

Oh yes, I know that, I hate that too. We're at 10 months trying with two confirmed losses and the doctors just keep saying that we need to "wait it out" until a year since we're "young and seemingly healthy" :dohh: Not the answer any of us are looking for when things aren't going as they should.
I really hope they prescribe you something to kick start af so you can get a fresh new cycle going and hopefully your :bfp:

:hugs:

Sorry you've had 2 losses :'( I hope you get a sticky bean SOON!!! I find it so patronising sometimes when I hear 'just wait', I think 'no, I want it nowwww!!!'

Lots of luck + babydust to you :) xxxx

Hi ladies, here's some more OPKs. Now, they're all a bit lighter than they were, due to the fading over the last few days. But the bottom one is todays (30th Jan) and it looks more like the control line? Right? I dunno, my eyes are crossing the more I stare lol! Xx

Attachments

• Bridgend-20130130-03086.jpg
    Bridgend-20130130-03086.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 19
This is my uptodate chart too x

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/417fed//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

This is a crazy long chart - BUT it does actually look like you're about to ovulate! That opk looks positive [it's as dark as the control] and you had a temp spike to match! :thumbup:

:dust: Get to it! Good luck!

I knowwwww!! Its ridiculously long lol!! Wish I'd temped from beginning now. Ah well. Hope you're right :) xx

I'd say ur about to ovulate too maybe that Is positive it not tomorrow should definatly be? Gl

My OPK this evening doesn't look as strong :-/ been really bloated all day, having stomach pains, and I've actually been having some sort of twinges down below, like aches that come an go?! No idea what's going on!! I'm hoping its a sign AF will be here soon, I hopppe soooo!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->