question about feeding...

rubexxx

Reaction score
we all know that 'breast is best' and i dont want this to turn into a debate about breast feeding:thumbup:
anyway, ive decided i want to breast feed and formula feed to start with, and i know i could probably wait til i next see my midwife to ask this question, or google it, but i wanted everyone's advice/knowledge from here about it... ive got to be honest, i trust it more than google:lol:
if i do a mixture of formula feeding and breast feeding, will i have to do like alternate feeds, or could i do one type at night and the other in the day? or does it not matter? i really havent got a clue:dohh:
anyways, any advice is appreciated :flow:

If you want to combi feed you have to get your breast feeding well established first It can be done there are a few mums on here that do it, you should have a look in the breastfeeding forum or formula feeding they could help maybe. I

It's very hard to breastfeed and formula feed. Why are you formula feeding if you want to breastfeed? In the beginning it will be almost impossible to do both, like Emma said above it's vital that you establish your supply first, which can take 8 weeks or so, but even then you can't just formula feed and expect your supply not to drop. Have you considered pumping? If you want to give a bottle you can give EBM (expressed breastmilk) but realistically, especially in the very beginning if you formula feed your supply will more than likely drop and you'll stop producing milk. Babies are fed on average 8-10 (sometimes more) a day, and if you're only feeding 4 times a day, you will never develop a good supply. I do agree breast is best, but you need to make up your mind whether you want to BF or not, because FF and BF is not possible in the beginning.

Have you thought about just straight expressed breastmilk darl? You are more then likely going to be producing enough, and you don't want engorgement :nope:

agreed with what has been already posted, why do you want to FF? (I'm not judging, just want to understand where you are coming from)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->