• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question about HCG Levels... ?

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
Quick question, ladies... I just saw a post in which someone mentioned that they were told early on that they would most likely miscarry due to low levels of hcg.

I didn't POAS until the day after my missed period, and it was on a total whim at 2:30pm in the afternoon. I don't think I even had a two hour hold (probably more like 1, if that.) The Wondfo I used came up with two dark pink lines within 5 minutes. I sipped on some water for about 15 minutes, ran to the store for a Digi, and tested with that when I got home (probably a total of 30-40 minutes from first test?) and it came up with "PREGNANT.

My question is this... does the fact that a got a clear BFP with limited "juice" :haha: mean my levels are high-ish? I go in tomorrow for a blood test, but I am of course analyzing everything and speculating like mad! :winkwink:

Quick question, ladies... I just saw a post in which someone mentioned that they were told early on that they would most likely miscarry due to low levels of hcg.

I didn't POAS until the day after my missed period, and it was on a total whim at 2:30pm in the afternoon. I don't think I even had a two hour hold (probably more like 1, if that.) The Wondfo I used came up with two dark pink lines within 5 minutes. I sipped on some water for about 15 minutes, ran to the store for a Digi, and tested with that when I got home (probably a total of 30-40 minutes from first test?) and it came up with "PREGNANT.

My question is this... does the fact that a got a clear BFP with limited "juice" :haha: mean my levels are high-ish? I go in tomorrow for a blood test, but I am of course analyzing everything and speculating like mad! :winkwink:

Sounds that way to me. I got my BFP the day before my missed period (FMU) and it was positive right away and very dark. When I had my hcg tested at 4w3d it was 1134. So I would bet you have a good level of hcg in your system already. Congrats on your BFP!

Not necessarily.. In my case, I was 6 weeks when I found out but my HCG levels came back about a weeks worth lower than they should have been.. they indicated I was 5 weeks pregnant (still enough HCG for a dark line), despite that I had a perfect emergency scan and saw the heartbeat and my levels corrected themselves a week later! Doesn't mean anything bad :) & in fairness, that probably isn't the case with you, I doubt what happened to me happens often. You probably do just have nice high levels! Congrats on your BFP x

Digitals usually require hcg to be at least 50 so I would say you are doing well. For whatever it's worth I didn't get a dark line on a Wondfo until 16 dpo-they were all definite but not so dark before that. My hcg was measured at 1k before the Wondfo lines were equal.

The same happened to me with dollar tree tests (I NEVER got dark lines with those). Well I would drink lots of water, take a test and get a line as dark as the control line. Well at 4w5days, my hcg levels were 29 000, which is ridiculously high. One healthy baby girl in there:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->