Question about heartbeat at first scan?

shannonleigh

Reaction score
It's only just hit me that they didn't measure the rate of the heartbeat at my 7 week scan on Friday, I can remember rightly her saying something along the lines of 'it's good that it's progressed and there is a heartbeat' meaning from the pregnancy before when there wasn't one...are they supposed to tell you? I did ask but never got an answer, I also see on posts people saying the rate of the heartbeat and now i'm worrying myself. How would've she known it was beating at the right speed?:(

I'm sure it was within normal range. Maybe you could call the office and just ask? It was probably noted on the ultrasound record for the dr to review.

if there was a problem with anything you would have definitely gotten a call by now hun xx

Agreed that if there was something abnormal they would have said something. They probably noted it in your chart if you call and ask tho...

They would have let you know if there was a concern. I've learned that sometimes you have to ask a lot of the questions yourself. My first baby, I hardly remember any results of anything because I never asked and was never told so I just assumed everything was well. I was even admitted to the hospital at 5 mo for vaginal bleeding (everything was fine) and was never even told why I was bleeding. Turns out that the concern was because I was RH negative. I didn't even have a clue about what it was until now.
Now that I'm a medical professional with #2 coming, I ask EVERYTHING... What was my BP? How many inches has he grown? What was his heart rate? What kind of labs were ordered? You just have to ask to look out for yourself.

it is sooo different the second time around, isnt it..

i too remember my first one...never really asked anything and now i ask everything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->