Question about Menstrual Cycle.. (Possible TMI)

sarah1989

Reaction score
Ok, so I haven't exactly had regular periods the last couple of years, and we later found out it was because of hypothyroidism. I started treatment for that in June 2010, but decided to stop that and go a more natural route in October 2010.

Since stopping the medication my cycles appear to actually be returning (somewhat) to normal themselves. :happydance:

Lately though the following has happened:

Cycle started 04/14/11 (April 14) and lasted until May 2nd. It was quite light, and never really went past a "medium" flow. Nothing happened for the rest of May.
Come June, I had spotting off and on (3rd, 5th, 6th, 11th, 13th, 14th) and then started another period on 06/19/11 (June 19th). Again it was quite light, and I only had one "heavy" flow day. This time it only lasted until the 30th.

DH & I DTD on July 4th, and afterwards I had a light bleed. Didn't think anything of it, as we hadn't done anything since the end of May, I figured I was just sensitive down below.

So far this month, I have had spotting again on the 7th, and today (the 9th). Today's however is moreso what I would call a light day on a normal cycle.

Is it possible to have another cycle begin this soon after the last one ended? - Afterall it is only 9 days since I finished. I am used to not having a cycle for months on end, and now this back to back thing is really getting to my head :wacko: (even though 3 years ago I had a regular 28 day cycle!)

Thanks for any insight you lovely ladies can provide!!:hugs:

All I can say is that (usually) when my thyroid levels are stable, my cycles are (mostly) regular. But when my thyroid was at its most crazy my cycles were almost always equally crazy. Longest was 65 days, and shortest was 14 days (with 9 days bleeding!). had to carry supplies in my handbag anytime I left the house, because AF would turn up when you least expected her.

One of my biggest hints that all is not so well in thyroid-land is when cycle-land starts to play up. In fact I have just finished a 56-day cycle, after 5 months of perfect 28-day cycles, so getting my bloods done this week, just to see what's what.

I'm curious to see that you have stopped taking the Levo. I presume you are still having regular bloods done to check that all is OK with your thyroid?

All I can say is that (usually) when my thyroid levels are stable, my cycles are (mostly) regular. But when my thyroid was at its most crazy my cycles were almost always equally crazy. Longest was 65 days, and shortest was 14 days (with 9 days bleeding!). had to carry supplies in my handbag anytime I left the house, because AF would turn up when you least expected her.

One of my biggest hints that all is not so well in thyroid-land is when cycle-land starts to play up. In fact I have just finished a 56-day cycle, after 5 months of perfect 28-day cycles, so getting my bloods done this week, just to see what's what.

I'm curious to see that you have stopped taking the Levo. I presume you are still having regular bloods done to check that all is OK with your thyroid?

Hey Hun,

Thank you for replying.

I too have to leave the house with supplies since things have been crazy for the last two years. My longest cycle was 240 something days, and so far this seems to be the shortest. It hasnt fully started yet, but there has been spotting, so it may or may not come.

One reason I stopped taking Levo. was because when I was on it, my flow was beyond what professionals would call a very heavy flow. I was going through products less than every hour; which got me quite scared. I decided not to continue with the medication and took a more natural route, which seems to have worked relatively well, since my periods are at least coming more regularly now. The last time I had bloods done was in February, but think that I should get them done again soon to make sure the natural route is still working for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->