question about natural 3rd stage..

I also hate that people think natural birthers are just hippies who endanger our babies life.

My pet hate is that its all about going drug free and being a hero.....the only think not available at home is an epidural.....For me the drug free thing so isn't the main point and it bugs me when people think that.

All I could have was gas and air at home but I couldn't even have that because she didn't ge to me on time....but I'm now happy I didn't have any lol awful stuff

^ Aw I don't mind it!! Ha ha just don't like the sry mouth bit. X

For the most part my client was blissfully unaware of them as we protected her birth space pretty fiercely and kept them in the next room. Not easy though and took me, her hubby and her mum!

and she went on to tell me that because the cord had needed to be cut I now HAD to have a managed 3rd stage. I refused anyway, and delivered the placenta naturally, perfectly fine... Just wondering why she would say that?

I call BULLSHIT.

Clearly she was talking crap because your experience of safely birthing the placenta naturally proves it.

Not only that a baby who is struggling to breath needs their placenta, which is providing their body with oxygen, to remain intact more than a baby who is breathing well and a baby in that kind of distress should be rescusitated beside the mother with their placenta still attached. It's common sense.

I didn't know it was the norm in the UK to give you a jab to quicken up placenta delivery! :eek:

I keep saying to other half 'don't let them do this, don't let them give me that..' :laugh2: saying he'll have to stick up for me, he's very assertive which is good!

Here we don't have any drugs at homebirths. Not even gas and air. It's all natural pain management which really is best for Mums and babies alike.

Well done for sticking to your guns! I had a physiological first stage last time because that injection is the WORST! :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->