Question about OPK/HPT's.

Barbiebaby

Mummy to a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I'm soo confused! Ok, so I'm waiting for my first period after ERPC on 18th august. I was getting negative HPT's and yesterday was getting EWCM, I tried an OPK which wasn't far off being positive. However, my question is, is the OPK picking up an LH surge or the remnants if HCG? as I know people have used OPK's as HPT's.

Does that make sense or have I rambled too much? Prior to mmc I used to take my temp and use opk's so I had a rough idea of when I used to O. Now I haven't got a clue!

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

After my d&c, I was still getting faint positive hpts and my opks were registering at "almost positive". At that point, I know it was my crazy messed up hormones. Then after my hpts had gone truly negative, I eventually did get a REAL positive. That was almost a month after my d&c. I know it was real because I got AF two weeks later.

Keep testing... if you're getting BFNs on hpts, it could be your real positive coming. :thumbup:

I'm sorry for your loss. I also had a mmc discovered at 11+6 but had medical management. I think seeing as it's now a month later for you, your opk is probably picking up ovulation but it's hard to tell if you haven't tested in between. I've been testing with pregnancy and ovulation ICs since my mm and they both declined steadily, pregnancy ones quicker than ovulation ones, and have gone to fully negative a few days ago. Seeing as you had a d&c as well, it's very unlikely that you still have hcg in your system this much later I think. Don't take my word for gospel but I think you're about to ovulate.

sorry for your loss barbie

If your hpt is negative, i wold also agree its lh being picked up. Keep doing the opks though to assess whats happening

Thank you for your replies ladies, I started bleeding heavily yesterday so think this may be my first period, not sure what the positive opk was all about? I'm treating this as a new start now and started temping again....... Keeping everything crossed! Apart from my legs obviously!! Tee hee!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->