Question about OV pain

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
When you get OV pains, does it mean that you are OVing right now, or when it ends? I have had OV pains since about 10am this morning and I still have them now but they are stronger at the mo.

i think they happen when you are actually ovulating, although i could be wrong! xx

They can happen before, during and/or after. So unless you add it to other ways of detecting o, it can't tell you too much.

Before: the pain is from the build up of the follicle and the fact that it is close to bursting
During: the pain is from the actual bursting of the follicle
After: the pain is from the reabsorbtion of fluid released when the follicle burst.

I got o pain every month and could usually even tell what ovary the egg was from. However, it never came at the exact same time. I could get it anywhere from 2 days before to 2-3 days after the egg actually popped.

So, it is best to combine o pain with something else, like opks or charts, to pinpoint o.

I get O pain about 2 days before I actually O according to FF

I got a +ve OPK yesterday and the pain today. According to my chart I usually OV the day of my +ve OPK or the day after and I always have my OV apin the day after a +ve OPK so it's not the most helpful of things.

before, during or after, which is incredibly unhelpful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->