Question About Ovulating

Cassie0454

Wife and Mommy
Reaction score
Okay, so I messed my periods up. I previously used an IUD for about 7 years and about 3 months ago I had it removed. After I had it removed I had 2 periods that were 22 days apart and then I went on the Nuvaring. I took the Nuvaring out two weeks later, because we were finally ready to NTNP, and started my period 3 days later. So my period is earlier than I was expecting it based on my 22 day cycle and I am just wondering when I might be ovulating. I have never done any charting before so don't know what I am doing, but I have also seen ovulation calculators all over the place just not sure which dates/numbers I should be entering.

For the first cycle or two, you should probably just BD 3 days a week so if you DO ovulate, you're certain to be having sex on one or two of your fertile days. After you've figured out what your cycles are like, it will be easier for you to pinpoint ovulation. Then, I suggest just paying attention to your body. I always knew when I was ovulating because I'd be much more "wet" during sex, and my OH could feel that the inside "felt" different. It's gross, but we worked together to figure out when I was fertile. Haha... I definitely think that charting CM is a good way to go, or get yourself some cheap ovulation predictor strips.

Hi Cassie! I'm not very experienced myself but I would say without using anything you can't judge your ovulation this month since it's your first month off nuvaring. You could be back to normal cycles already or you could still be flushing the nuvaring hormones out. You'd probably need to chart/temp/monitor CM to find fertile days/O or OPKs. If you don't want to do those things, just keep track of when your last period started and when the next started to begin tracking your cycles again. They say 14 days before your period starts is when you O'd. Just my thoughts... Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->