Question about ovulation

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Just a quick question. As I feel like I am about to get my AF, I'm looking for a little advice about next month's ttc.

When during the ovulation period do you have the most chance of conceiving? I read somewhere that the egg only lives for between 12 and 24 hours.

The reason I ask is that last month, I got OV pains on the night of Saturday the 8th of September. DH and I BD'd on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of the week before and on the Sunday night (9th), Monday and Tuesday. We hadn't been able to BD on the Friday or Saturday as DH was away on a course.

So, do you think we were too late?:wacko:

Ok so you think you ovulated on the 8th

So you did the BD on Monday 3rd
Wednesday 5th
Thursday 6th

OVULATED 8th

More BD on Sunday 9th
Monday 10th
Tuesday 11th

Is that correct ??, If so sound to me you could have conceived on those days. A males sperm can live in our tubes for around 72hrs.

Hubby and I do the BD every second day. They say every day isn't as good because it is better to allow more sperm to build up, so we do the every other day approach.

I wish you all the luck ttc

Thanks Bek - good luck to you as well.

I am just a bit confused this month because I have had quite a lot of symptoms of pregnancy this month but now am feeling AF-like crampy this morning. I do get a lot of the pregnancy symptoms as PMS normally anyway (although this month they seem to have been intensified and I have had a few others). Like Wobbles has previously said, it can be really hard separating PMS from pregnancy symptoms!

I know what you mean, last month I was certain I was pregnant, but it turned out to be pms and the common cold mixed together :hugs:.

I already have 3 children ( had tubes tied and now reversed 7yrs later) so you would think I should know, wouldn't you, lol.

Anyway fingers crossed for you and I hun ( I am only cd23 today):hugs:

When your TTC its amazing how many things you notice with your body as time goes on & you read more. AF & PG signs are sooo alike its unreal. It varies between women though and cycles - like I have felt O pain but I never every month. If you see what I'm saying.

Sperm can stay alive for 3-5 days so you don't have to get that BD in right on the day but round about of course.

Finding a pattern to when you ovulate can be a good thing - Theres is OPKs & charting :D

Hope the :witch: stays away for you x

According to the book I bought about getting pregnant as fast as possible. The day of ovulation, and two days before ovulation have a 36% chance of success and the day before ovulation has a 34% chance.

Day of a plus or day after a plus on an opk is said to be fertile too :D

Thanks everyone! :witch:is not here yet, but due tomorrow. The crampy feeling has weirdly gone, but I'm sure will appear later on.

I did a pregnancy test today in the afternoon - I know it was a bit stupid, as I did it after about two cups of tea - it came out negative (not really a surprise as the test said that if you were to test early it should be early in the morning), but the waiting was getting to me:dohh:. AF probably will come tomorrow anyway.

Good luck everyone else who is ttc this month!:hugs:

Well I hope the :witch: doesn't get you, but I know how you feel. I am cd24 and I feel all pms and feel as thou the :witch: will get me also :cry:.

All of this gets too much sometimes.

Fingers crossed for you Poppy :hugs:

Next month I'll have to hide my purse before AF date to stop myself buying a pregnancy test!

you might not have been too late or too early...i've read as well that sperm can survive up to 2 days in the fertile discharge or how you wanna call it.
best advise i can give is to relax about it all as much as possible, don't look at the clock and go: let's BD now...as it puts a lot of pressure on you and your partner.
but you might just be lucky now, all best wishes :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->