Question about prenatals

Try2bpatient

Waiting for #1
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Well, I'm back after waiting an entire week while AF was late. She finally showed this morning. My question is, does anyone know anything about prenatal vitamins causing irregular cycles. I never thought about it, but ever since I stopped bcp in June my cycles have been trying to regulate. I was a month late, then 2 weeks late, and now a week. However, I started taking prenatals as soon as I stopped my pill. It appears that AF only shows up when I skip my vitamin for a few days. Is this a coincidence, or could my vitamin be causing weird cycles??

Prenatals do not cause fluctuations in cycle length. You only mentioned 3 cycles, so I am guessing that you stopped taking the pill 3 months ago. Birth control pills take up to 6 months to completely leave the system, so your body is still trying to regulate itself. Is the time from ovulation to period consistent?

Yes, I'm guessing my body is regulating itself as well. I just wasn't sure because I thought I saw something on here about this. I'm not sure about the time between ovulation and my period because I haven't really been tracking ovulation so far.

Hi Try,
Your prenatal should not affect your cycles at all.
DO keep taking those and let them get good and built up in your system!! :)
Coming off the pill will affect your cycles.
I came off the pill in July after being on it for 15 years.
Each cycle was signficantly different (when I O'd, when my period came) I thought was going to take forever to regulate and even longer to get pregnant.
Lo and behold - I got my BFP yesterday!
Just try your best to keep up with what's going on, So you and your hubbs can work with it!
Baby dust to you! :flower::flower:

Thanks and congrats on your BFP! I am still taking the vitamins and am starting to use OPKs this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->