question about SCH

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Ok I have had a SCH since about 4 weeks. My last ob appt was 6 days ago and baby was healthy wi th h a strong hb. They told me I still have a SCH and they wouldn't be surprised if I started bleeding. Anyways I just went pee and when I wiped there was quite a bit of brown blood. It continued everytime I wiped. Also when I looked in the toilet there was 2 clots (smaller than a dime).

Now I'm wondering if I should be concerned or is this normal for a SCH.

I had an sch a couple of years ago and never bled but at the same time there was a woman on here who bled so much an ambulance was called and her baby was fine. So it sounds like you are ok.

I had a 'moderate' SCH with my first (and it seems I have another one this time too) and there were definitely times when I passed clots and I was totally convinced it was all over - it was that heavy and red at times. I never had cramping or anything like that and I still had nausea etc. I bled from 5 weeks until week 15. They're scary as hell but just know that you'll probably be okay. I'd still get regular scans just to be on the absolute safe side and to maintain your own sanity.

I have had 2 SCHs with this pregnancy, both diagnosed at 5w4d when I started bleeding.
Brown blood (and clots) is old blood, several days or even weeks old. You might see brown for a few weeks. This is normal for a SCH. Even if you see red blood... sadly that is also normal for a SCH. I lost about 1/2 cup of red blood at once which is more than an entire period. I bled and spotted for 5 weeks and still have brown traces.
The good news is, despite all of this both my SCHs have healed as of my 10 week ultrasound, and both babies are still alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->