Question about the pill- Help please!

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Hey Ladies, just wondering if anyone can help me. I was on Microgynon 30 for about 4 years and had no problems but last time i got my pill prescription it was from a different doctors and they prescribed me Ovranette.

I know that these pills are the same in terms of the level of hormones they contain but the Ovranette is giving me a really rough time. It's wreaking havoc with my emotions not to mention what it's physically doing to my body: lots of weight gain, bad skin, really painful periods that stop me getting out of bed.

I still have two months worth left but i've decided that i don't want to take them anymore because of the effect they're having on me. What i'm planning on doing is not taking them for a month, so they have a chance to get out of my system and then getting a prescription for Microgynon. Does this sound okay??

Also when should i expect my period this month...roughly 28 days after 1st day of last period as usual?

Thanks

You may find that your period might be heavier and longer when you're not on the pill. Good luck and hang in there. I had a rough time finding a pill that worked for me years ago & ended up just stopping the pill all together.

Also, yes I would think that your period would be on schedule. But, unfortunately I'm not a doctor. Is there a way that you could start your regular pills right after, instead of waiting a month? I don't know, I can just relate to terrible pms and bad cramps. Just wouldn't wish that on anyone. :hug:

Nah, i couldn't get a doctors appointment in time to start taking a new pack of microgynon on the right day and didn't want to just start taking them on a random day since it'll muck up my cycle even more.

And yeah i went on the pill for bad periods in the 1st place but they weren't as bad as these ones are making them. Am planning to start the pills i used to have on the 1st day of my next period. just worried if it might mess my body up a bit if i stop them for a month :huh:

I wouldn't worry about messing up your body by coming off of the pill for a month. You may have bad cramps though. Now, if your not wanting a baby right now, be sure to use some sort of birth control. Remember when you start your new pack, that the pill also takes a while to 'kick in'. All my best and good luck.:hug:

Lol, well that's an interesting topic of conversation at present. I'm desperate for a baby but OH says no so i imagine condoms will be on the agenda.:rofl:

Or you could forget the condoms............'oops, sorry honey!?!?!' :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh believe me the thought has crossed my mind. If he forgets i won't remind him....or maybe i could find out i'm allergic to them all of a sudden. Haha :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->