Question about the plug and pains.

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Evening ladies :)

I've missed BnB today! I've had questions since lunchtime and google was no use!

I'm pretty sure I lost my plug today :) I'm so happy as it means thigs are moving on....but I have a list of questions!

How much plug should there be?? I've had 3 small bits on seperate toilet trips, is that all of it, or is there a lot?? There was less than I expected!

Also I know you can lose it a long time before labour, but if it hadn't happened until this late, does it mean it's a sign something will happen soon??

Also during the day today I've had light period type pains. Nothing major, but what I wanna know, when people say they have this, do they then get contractions on top of the pain??

Or does the pain fade off and contractions start?? I'm not sure what it all means!

Sorry for all the questions, I guess I'm just hoping this could be the early start of something (I don't want to be induced on my due date, so he has to come out this week!

Any help/advice would really help :)

You can lose a lot of it at once (maybe all!) or you can lose little bits at a time. I think it all varies.

I think labour often happens with 42 hours (it did with me, and that's what it said a lot when I researched it), but it doesn't ALWAYS mean that.

I didn't really have light period pains before.. Just straight into bigger contractions, so I can't personally comment, sorry.

x

Thanks lauren :) I like the 42 hour thing!! There's always hoping!

I've been losing some of mine on and off since having a sweep on Thursday and lots of on and off period pains. But no sign of anything else happening at all and the pains have gone off again today.

Fingers crossed it means something might happen in the next day or two!

Well....I lost my plug 14 days ago, was like a cork made of whitish thick stuff with a strip of browny red blood going through it! yuk. i had lots of period pain and started getting contractions in the night that were painful but gone by morning.

No more loss since and mw didn't seem concerned that it was 2 weeks ago that it went - I was all excited thinking it meant something, but am now due tomorrow with no signs of anything happening........

hope it's a different story for you.

omg i missed it too, was thinking about you wondering if you were still hanging on
mine started with mild period pains in my back and gradually prgoressed
good luck im sure you havent got long

Thanks ladies :) I still have mild period pains, but not even bad enough that I want paracetemol!

I've concluded it means nothing, and I'll just have to be patient!!

I've got an appointment at the DAU later to get my BP checked again and hopefully to get booked in for induction at the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->