Question about Thyroid Meds...

FluffyKid

Reaction score
I'm on cd 19 now of a clomid cycle (first time ever). Just before I started the cycle, I saw an endocrinologist for my hypothyroidism and she bumped my meds from 200mcg to 250mcg.

Since I started taking them on cd 1, I've noticed that I've become REALLY REALLY hot. It started off as just occasionally I'd feel the heat, but now I am hot CONSTANTLY. I can't cool down. I'm hungry almost constantly, no matter what I eat, and I can't sleep. I feel like I need to be doing something constantly, even when I don't know what TO do. @__@

I was wondering if maybe the dose is too high?

Has anyone else experienced being put on a dose of thyroid meds that was too high for them?

I'm on a much lower dose of eltroxin (50mg) than you for hypothyroidism, but sometimes I get 'hot flashes'. It might be that the combination of clomid and thyroid medicine is forcing the hormones for ovulation into 'high gear', which might kickstart your ovulation for conception? If everything is working right, many women do get hot around ovulation time, so it might be okay? (In my case, once my dosage was correct (my GP moved me from 25 to 50mg), I got lucky and got pregnant with my LO, but even a year+, I do sweat a bit and I think it's hormonal and perhaps it's unusual for us as our cycles before weren't normal?

However, why not ask your doctor and get her advice?

best wishes

Thanks for answering!

My endocrinologist called me yesterday actually and told me my meds WERE too high, so she moved me back down to 200mcg. :)

But it is normal to get hot around ovulation?

Thanks for answering!

My endocrinologist called me yesterday actually and told me my meds WERE too high, so she moved me back down to 200mcg. :)

But it is normal to get hot around ovulation?

Yep, if you're recording your temperature you'll notice a peak in your temperature at OV time and then again around the time your period starts. It's only slight, but some people can get hot flushes or feel hotter at night when they're natural rhythms are disturbed.

Glad you got it sorted. I'm only normally on 125mcg levothyroxine when not PG but am currently on 200mcg expecting another hike in a few weeks probably to 225 or 250 depending on the results of my blood tests. When PG you need a slightly higher dose, so your endocrinologist may have just been getting one step ahead of themselves. As a par for the course you'll be put up 25/50mcg when you get your BFP so that you don't experience any dips in your bloods.
Good luck - hope the clomid works! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->