Question about twins!? GENE!

sammie18

Mommy to Allison
Reaction score
Well today me and my Bf were at his parents house and we were all talking and his dad and mom brought up that his dad has the twin gene, Well they said zach (BF) probably has a good chance of carrying the twin gene to, Well i havnt had my first appoinment yet im 5 weeks and 3 days, my first appointment is july 31st. Well do you guys think i have a good chance of having twins? Im just curious I know I wont no untill my ultrasound but its fun to see what everyones gotta say :happydance: For you who are pregnant with twins are the syptoms for twins any different from 1 baby? HAHA!:rofl::happydance:

HIM carrying a twin gene probably wont effect you having 2 eggs drop in one cycle...you would have to have the gene for that...

but identical twins can happen to anyone...it's the fraternal twins that usually can run in the family.

i agree, there are two types of twin (apart from assisted conception), either two eggs or one splitting. Egg splitting at random, so you cant have a gene that causes that. Producing two eggs is inherited down the female line and is usually very very common within the family, like every generation. Most people who have the gene know about it, like in my family, every woman has had twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->