Question about weight gain

Bella12

Reaction score
I'm only 6 weeks pregnant but have already gained 5 pounds. I don't know if I should be concerned. Presently, I don't have any children and I really want a healthy pregnancy/baby. My first pregnancy ended in mc. I don't want to misscarry again. I'm 5ft2in and weighed 92 lbs. Now I'm up to 97. I have been eating when I'm hungry because I figure maybe I need it. I know I'm being silly but I'm plagued by the idea that I did something wrong the first time. ( yes I know mc is common and usually not preventable). Should I be concerned? Thanks

You are very thin and thin women tend to gain more during pregnancy.

Try to remember what you ate pre-pregnancy and don't stray too far from that. During the 1st tri you don't need to gain any weight, but some women do and that's ok.

...this coming from someone who's gained 4lbs by 9 weeks. :( It happens...and I swear I'm not horking down burgers, fries and shakes!!

Women gain weight differently...also part of the weight gain can be bloat and retained water. If you don't have food aversions and ms yet, then I'd encourage to eat often with high quality foods. However, as my midwife said, if you are having trouble eating...just eat whatever you can! She also said the first trimester the baby feeds off reserves so it's not really until the second trimester that what you eat matters significantly.

Keep active if you can, too! That does reduce first trimester losses! It's so hard not to worry...I think we all do. :hugs: good luck!

Thanks ladies! Its funny...my GP wanted me to gain 15 pounds and no matter how hard I tried, it didn't happen. Now that I gaexaggeratedined I'm worried it happened to fast. Normally I gain about 4 or 5 pounds before my period. This time I did the same but my period never came. I kept the extra pounds. While I do always feel ravenous, I try to start with a glass of water. I'm also snacking on more fruits and veggies. So I am eating more but they are healthy snacks.

As for exercise, my first pregnancy I exercised everyday. This time around I'm just TIRED all the time. All my symptoms are exaggerated. I hope that is a good sign. I'm praying this will be a successful pregnancy.

I wouldn't worry about it :). I gained 5 stone my last pregnancy!! I lost it all within 3 months. Was back down to 120lbs and size 8. All I can manage to eat is carbs.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->