Question about when to start charting and fake period

silverbell

Adopted Little Pink :)
Reaction score
I am going to be taking my last pill next Tuesday in order to give my body a break and hopefully get into a regular cycle before we start TTC.

I have a question though. I intend to chart and do the whole thing - temperature, CM, OPK etc but am unsure when to start doing this. I have read a lot about having a 'fake' period first and then waiting for the next. Does this happen for everybody (the fake period)?

I am on Cerazette/mini-pill if that helps - there are no breaks and I haven't had a period for months (which is normal).

I hope somebody knows, as I'm a bit confused! Does this 'fake period' only apply to those who have a break from the pills to get their period every month (Microgynon etc)?

The first 'period' you get after coming off any pill is always 'fake' (a real period discharges the preperations for implantation your womb made the previous cycle. Because your womb doesn't prepare when you're on the pill there's nothing to discharge when you come off it so first time it's not a real period). There's nothing stopping you charting straight away, you just shouldn't rely on it for contraception or conceiving. I still started straight away though and found it was good practise for when you do it seriously the next cycle. I probably would waste any opks though, probably not worth the money.
Your first proper cycle starts on the day you get your first real period ( after having had the fake one from coming off the pill).

Thanks so much, Amygdala!

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing actually (waiting until first 'proper' period before using OPKs). Thanks so much for your helpful advice. It is very much appreciated.

Glad I could help! :D I think you'll enjoy charting, it's so fascinating to get to know your body better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->