Question for all you PARL mommas

julesmw

Reaction score
What did you take/do different on the pregnancy that seems to be working vs the ones you have lost?

I'm still waiting for my first scan to see how things are going but this is the furthest I've made it into a pregnancy without bleeding. The biggest difference is I'm taking fish oil (body oil, not cod liver). I started taking it right after my m/c as it's supposed to help with egg quality as well as helping the baby develop properly. I'm also taking an extra mg of folic acid. Otherwise it's the same regimen. I'm hoping it does the trick!

I will say that my grandmother had multiple miscarriages and then she was told to take fish oil and went on to have my uncle.

Nothing... or at least nothing that I'm sure worked.

A lot happened before I got pregnant with this sticky baby. I went off gluten (December 18 2012) had an HSG (December 29 2012) and started taking Wobenzym-N (supposed to help with immune issues).

My RE recommended I take baby aspirin and progesterone (prometrium 200mg, 2x/day vaginally), so I also did that.

It took 4 months to get pregnant with this baby, whereas with my miscarriages (x5) we got pregnant basically right away.

Around 6 weeks I got so sick I could no longer take the Wobenzym, so I stopped.

Around 10 weeks I stopped taking the progesterone (by my doctor's recommendation).

So all I have been taking since then is the baby aspirin and a prenatal.

I'm really not sure what the difference was for me. I honestly think the HSG might have had something to do with it for me. My doctors think that I had "super fertility" where you get pregnant quickly, but with poor quality embryos, because your body is "too receptive" and basically isn't distinguishing between the good and bad eggs. The reason I think this is because we honestly got pregnant pretty much instantly with all of my miscarriages, but it took us 4 months of very diligent BD/timing/fertility monitor/OPK/Pre-seed, etc. to get pregnant with this baby. My betas were MUCH higher with this pregnancy than with the others (which they also say is a sign of a healthy embryo, vs. poor quality embryos that cause lower hcg secretions). So that's my hunch.

All I can say is don't give up. Keep pushing for answers, try out whatever (safe) treatment you think you can handle. You never know when your miracle will appear!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I did nothing different the time that it worked out, it just did. Rather infuriating as wish there was something I could do to increase my chances but all down to luck for me sadly.

My successful pregnancy I took aspirin 75mg until 32 weeks a d progesterone 400mg twice daily. Now have a beautiful little girl. Good luck. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->