Question for any ladies who had a previous EMCS

Reaction score
I've been for my booking in appointment with my midwife today and due to a previous EMCS with my son she has referred me to be consultant led this time.
I was just wondering what exactly that entails? I assume extra appointments? Many thanks

I've been for my booking in appointment with my midwife today and due to a previous EMCS with my son she has referred me to be consultant led this time.
I was just wondering what exactly that entails? I assume extra appointments? Many thanks

They'll probably suggest you have an elective caesarean because of the 0.06% chance of rupture.......

Do what YOU want to do, research it and do what you feel comfortable with. I had an awful experience with my consultants, so much so - I don't go to their appointments now.

Edited.... Totally read the question wrong! What a tit

Thanks ever so much for your reply!
I think I've already made the decision that I wish to have a elective section this time due to such a bad birth experience with my son. I actually thought I would have abit of a fight on my hands trying to get one.

I hope I don't have too many issues like yourself though xx

All depends on what your consultant believes in... If he / she believes in ''once a section - always a section'' you'll have no issues.
But if they see VBAC's as a positive way forward - they'll recommend you have that.

No pregnancy and baby is the same. Caesareans are very risky operations and you must prepare for that also!
Also, they'll want to keep an eye on your previous scar, any pain in it and immediately seek help. If you're in the USA the chances are they will measure the thickness of the scar tissue by means of an ultrasound.
I'm in the UK and so far - they've never done that to me.

Hugs xx

Im also in the uk.

im quite interested in what is said they when I go to a first appointment.
The thought of trying to attempt a natural birth again scares the hell out of me but obviously I don't want any risks to myself or the baby so I would go with what every the hospital believe would be best x

I had an emergency c-section and my midwife told me at my booking appointment that I will have extra appointments with a consultant and that they will probably want me to try for a vbac. However I'm certain I want an elective c-section due to a 36 hour labour which ended with me and my DD catching an infection, her spending her first night and neonatal and us both staying in hospital for 5 days. Hoping I won't have too much of a fight on my hands!

When I saw my midwife she said it was completely up too me and that the consultant will tell you what they think is best but it is up to you. I don't look at it as a fight, I know I want a vbac so that's what il be (trying) to have lol. X

With DS I had a EMCS due to the fact he didn't want to come out. I was consultant lead due to my weight rather than having a section though. I didn't really have any extra appointments just every time I had a scan I saw the consultant. With DD they gave me the choice and I opted for a VBAC, but it turned out to be a planned emergency section as her heart rate kept dropping. This time it will be elective as you only get one chance of VBAC in the hospital I'm giving birth at.

I'm gutted if that's what happens as I had a emcs but have just opted for private care with the consultant I would have been referred to
If that's the standard policy :(

My sister had an emergency section as her waters went and baby was breech so - not making light of what she went through - it wasn't even a drastic situation at the time. With her next she was consultant led but did hardly anything, she was offered another section but declined it and that was it pretty much. I think it depends on your individual experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->