Question for csection breastfeeders

sunshineray7

Mummy of 2 little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had an emergency csection with ds and although we finally managed it for 12 months, we started out badly with breastfeeding and I'm terrified it will happen again this time. Did you find breastfeeding easy or difficult after an elective section?

it was easy. It was the only thing I could do. I couldn't get up easily or stand up long enough to change a diaper

My daughter, born via crash csection, is a much better nurser than her older brother, a natural vaginal birth, was. :)

I was worried about this too, but things were great after my ELCS. I was able to try feeding her as soon as I was in recovery. She wasn't that interested for the first few hours, but once she started feeding, that was her. She's been an excellent feeder ever since :)

I have had no problems at all after my emc. My baby has taught me I think haha!! The midwife was shocked when she first weighed Freya as she expected a weight loss die to being breast fed but she managed to gain 4oz in her first week x

I just had an emergency c-section and I was frustrated with the first feed in recovery as I was still numb and had trouble sitting in a good position. They left her to sleep from 5am till 11am before trying again after some skin to skin and we had much better results and she's now a champ feeder!

Though I did struggle the first couple days in hospital till I had a nurse really work with our positioning. I also found it hard to get a comfie position at first because it hurt to sit straight up but even if it's not perfect at first you can get better at it!

Also, if you bring to breast often your milk will start quick. I had mine come in 2nd day. She lost 10oz first day but on 4th day had regained 4ozs already..... Besides you can't do much but feed so you might as well feed often!....and snuggle!

I had a c-section, and I'm still breastfeeding 15 months later! I only had the usual difficulties that any woman could have, like sore nipples etc.

Whats a crash csection?

I'm guessing it's an emergency csection in America/Canada

It's an emergency C-section where they have to put you under. Though I have only heard the terms used by North Americans on this site. I had to have one.

I wasn't able to BF but I think that had more to do with DS being a lazy sucker and thus not encouraging my supply to come in (I would pump for an hour and only get 10mL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->