question for formula feeders from day one...

moose31

Reaction score
Hi I am getting Induced in 2 weeks. I will be strictly formula feeding.
Do I need a breast pump to relieve engorgment or if I keep iced and baby never latches Will it dry up quicker ???
I haven't bought one but curious if it's needed

The only thing I did was buy some re-freezable ice packs meant for bras (found at Target or a maternity store, can't remember now), and just shoved them into a tight bra for a few days. Never pumped or anything like that. The first day (day 3) was the worse, and then the pain lessened each day and by a week they were almost back to normal. I would think pumping would just signal your body to keep producing instead of letting it dry up. :flower:

Hope your delivery goes smoothly!

Don't touch your boobs at all if you find they are sore then take painkillers like paracetamol. You don't need to do anything and they should be fine within a few days

I didn't do anything and never got any engorgement, hot breasts, pain or anything like that so I wouldn't get anything TBH.

It's useful having paracetamol and ibuprofen in the house anyway because you may be sore especially if you've torn.

I took Tylenol as needed, wore a couple of tight sports bras, and even tried the weird cold cabbage leaf trick (which actually did help lol.) I did have a swollen, painful chest for a couple of days, but it all went down within a week of delivering. I had VERY minimal leakage, so I wore nursing pads a couple of days. That was it. : ) It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected!

Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you! : )

Oh--I was also taking some sinus medicine, (because I was getting sinus headaches) but I've also read that can help dry it up quickly, so that may have played a role as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->