Question for ladies who already have children?

shannonleigh

Reaction score
This is my first so I just wanted to know, Roughly how many nappies do newborns/babies go through a week? I need to get prepared, I know it's early but this all will take time to sink in so I need to know the simple stuff now lol. How much weekly did you spend on just nappies?

yep, prepare for between 10 n 15 a day, my dd is now 7 so cant think how much i was spending, and everything seems to have got alot more expensive since then lol x

https://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=10872434

Check that out. It is so hard to say how many diapers your baby will go through a day. I know I changed the baby every 3 hours and it worked out perfectly, except for at night, unless he would wake, but he only woke up once a night so he was a really good baby.

Now that he is a little bit older, he is only using about 3 diapers a day. Some doctors will say to change them every hour (that's crazy).

I hope the link helped you.

Also, you aren't too early to get diapers. I am buying diapers now. I already have a stack of 4 newborns, 5: size 1 diapers, and 5: size 2 diapers. I am a huge couponer so that helps out a lot. Especially with diapers and wipes, with wipes as long as you don't open the boxes they will last a long time. I still have about 6 boxes full of wipes from when Gavin was born.

Well my ds didn't really fit in size 1 so luckily I didn't buy thosec and I was only given 1 box and he wasn't in size 2 long but was v in 3 for a while. I did half and half cloth and disposable he's always been a heavy wetter I changed him every 1.5-2 hours in the day.
Xxx

Don't buy too many first size nappies-we ended up giving loads away as she grew so fast last time!
She got through about 8-10 a day

I would say 10-15 a day. Don't buy too many of the same size as you don't know how long baby will be in each size, and you don't want to waste money. Wipes, you can never have too many!

Thank you!! I know every baby is different I just wanted average,I've thought about starting to buy nappies now but what sizes should I get?One of each just in case? I'm worrying about everything, Newborn clothes too...How do you know what your baby will fit in? I don't want to buy clothes beforehand and then realise they won't fit x

About 10-12 a day.. but don't go mad on the size 1 and 2!
I still have loads left as ds2 went to into size 3 really quickly! Might come in handy now tho! ;)

Also you can usually get some good deals. Im not sure where you are but im in the Uk and found lidl, aldi and wilkinsons nappies were very good and not too expensive x

We got gifted a case of 92 newborn diapers and I remember we went through that in roughly a week. DD was 9 lbs 4 oz at birth though, so we switched to size 1 after that. I'd say don't buy too many of the same size until you know how big baby will be. After that we went through 2-3 cases of each size until we hit 4's at 6 months and now at 14 months she's still in 4s.

My son was 9 lbs at birth, and he never fit in newborn clothes and was out of newborn diapers by the time we left the hospital so... Keep that possibility in mind when buying tiny stuff!!

My two were small (DS 6lb 7oz and DD 6lb 8oz) and DS was in size 1 nappies and newborn clothes for a while but DD was longer so she wasn't in newborn that long. My nephew was 9lb 8oz born and he didn't fit in newborn clothes and was in size 2 nappies as soon as he was born so don't go crazy with newborn stuff and size 1 nappies just incase you have a big baby x

10-15 i would say i never stocked up as different nappies suit different babies. My lo has always been slim so some nappies were to big and size 1 and just leaked, she cant have tesco after a nasty reaction and what fit well one week may be slightly wrong the next. I bought one packet of each brand to try and then stuck with. My lo is usually in little angels now

every few weeks there are usually offers on the large boxes of nappies just wait untill then to stock up also dont buy too much of the same size, you can also sign up to pampers/huggies website to get free vouchers and samples and if you join the baby clubs at asda, tescos and sainsburys etc you can also get vouchers and samples from there aswell

I planned to cloth the whole time but waited till we were home from the hospital to start. (I didn't have enough diapers at the time since I was waiting to see what fit her best.) So we only used disposables for the first 3 or 4 days. The hospital gave up pampers newborn and they fit her well but when we tried to use the Huggies newborn someone gave us, we immediately gave up and put her in cloth diapers. She went through about 12 a day

I thought stores like babies r us, walmart, ect. would let you exchange unopened diapers. That way if you had to may size 1 you could get a size two, or if you find out huggies just don't work for your little one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->