Question for ladies working up to labor

pansorie

Reaction score
When my son was born my water broke naturally and all I remember is the gushing of fluids. It was not stopping! Now I am hoping that if my water breaks it will be as the last time (in bed) but I would be mortified if it broke at work and was soaking through my clothes in front of everyone.

I am thinking to start wearing pads at least two weeks before birth, but are period pads strong enough to hold the water and not soak through? Is it not a good idea? Experiences are appreciated!

Eek what a mortifying thought, and it going on the work floor and on the chair :blush:

I wonder if cloth pads would soak up more? Hmmmm...it's a shame you can't get adult nappies that aren't super bulky and just wear those in those final days.

You could always have a flat nappy (you know, the old fashioned ones that you use with pins) or two under your desk to soak up any leakage should you get caught by surprise?

This is something that has crossed my mind. My waters went with the big gush in my first labour, and left me standing in a puddle! This time I'm working until 39 weeks, and I'm a primary school teacher! Could be awkward!

With my first I was really worried about this too and I took to wearing the overnight Tenna lady pads which are so huge, they are literally like nappies! In actual fact my waters never broke until I was well into established labour with both my children so I'm less worried this time as I'm assuming the same will happen. I also started sleeping with maternity bed sheets on as we have a really nice expensive mattress and I didn't want it getting wrecked.

I put a waterproof sheet on my bed for a few weeks before last time (we have a memory foam mattress :haha:) but in the end I didn't even notice my waters going! Still don't know when they went to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->