question for people who have been induced

jenny873

Reaction score
what happens at the term +10 appointment. does this mean that on my term +10 appointment i will deffinatley be induced because my appointment is for the antenatal hospital but you cant give birth there so what will happen? x

sorry i was going to put it here but i thought its more of a question for people who have had their kids :s suppose theres lots of second time mums on here though x

I had a scan to check everything was ok, then I was offered a membrane sweep which I accepted! It was my 3rd or 4th sweep (forget how many I had in the end.) They also gave me a day for induction, where to report to etc. I was told I probably wouldn't make it as I had a good loss during my sweep. The sweep didn't work!!! Suprise, suprise!!! 4 or 5 days later I went in to be induced!!!

xx

ooo! so its a waste of time setting my sights on my term +10 as the longest i am going to have to wait, so i could really be waiting as long as 14th of feb to have my LO, gutted. xxx

Well you never know you could go before! If you get offered a sweep I'd defo have one! I tried everything but Noah just didn't want to come out he had to be dragged out (literally)!

If you've got a MW appt before ur +10 you could always ask her to do a sweep!

yeah ive got one monday, but its in my house, and she was my friends midwife too and didnt offer her one. can i have one before 39 weeks or would she wait until 40 weeks x

I think they would make you wait until your 40 weeks +, I also want to be induced but don't think I'd be able to

I was told they don't like to leave you more than 14 days as there could be deterioration in the placenta. When i was induced i went to my term +10 appointment on the thursday and was booked in to be induced on the monday. I went into labour on the tuesday morning and had baby in my arms at 3.13 am wednesday. They always prefer to leave you to go naturally if you can but wont usually risk past 14 days up here. (14 days over 40 weeks) they won't do it before 40 if there isn't a medical reason for baby or mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->