Question for the bed sharers

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
Baby girl is 8 days old. Kiddo is 27 months old. Would you sleep with both in the same bed with you?

We have 2 queen sized mattresses pushed together on the floor. I've been sleeping in one with girlie and dh has been sleeping in the other with the kiddo. But, my son hasn't been sleeping great. He's used to having me next to him. He likes to tuck his feet under me when he sleeps and I like being close enough to adjust his blanket. And I just miss him being close, period. :(

Would you sleep with a brand newborn on one side and a toddler on the other? Kiddo will wake to nurse and crawls over dh onto the other bed to see me. That seems a little scarier to me than to just be able to turn over to nurse him. I've woken up every time he's even touched a pinky to the bed but I think I would still prefer him closer.

What do you think? Would I be putting girlie at risk to have kiddo in our bed too? Should I just keep going like this and hope he eventually gets used to being next to daddy?

I don't know the answer to this, but I just wanted to send you big love!

:hugs:

If you're comfortable with it, do it. I have had 3 in the bed at once. I have my 1 1/2 year old and newborn at the moment.

Thank you :)

We did it tonight. Kiddo was so happy when he realized it was me climbing in bed with him. He tucked his little feet under me and went back to sleep. It was just perfect, girlie on one side and kiddo on the other. So happy! It was extra nice because I've been so cold at night thanks to these darn hormones and he's a little furnace like his dad.

And now, of course, he's over cuddled with his dad. :haha:

Congratulations on your girlie!

Yay! So glad it went well! &#128513; I've always loved it!

And thank you!! Congratulations on yours too!

I have two in bed with me and have since the day Leo was born. The only exception is when in a hotel which has happened about 3 times since his birth.

Tonight isn't going quite so well so far. Kiddo has woken 3 times in 4 hours to nurse and munchkin isn't nursing enough... I've been up for almost 2 hours now. Stress! Haha!

I don't think any of that has anything to do with the bed sharing though. :)

We do it!

We did upgrade to a king, but we only have one mattress in the room. The mattress is pushed up against the wall, then it is little squish, mommy, big squirt, and daddy, then a bed rail (because big squirt rolled off his side one night when he wasn't in bed yet).

It works well, although after the first week or so DS doesn't wake to nurse much, and I usually do not nurse him during the night. He usually wakes WHILE I'm nursing DD on the other side, and DH comforts him back to sleep. By the time I'm available, he's back asleep.

Finn won't settle at night without milk. :( Last night he woke to nurse 3 times in an hour and a half. Then I was up for more than an hour with Evie. :coffee: :haha:

But other than that it really is working out great. I love his little feet tucked under me. I love how Evie has learned to turn towards me and snuggle in. It's just one big bed of love <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->