• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for the bed sharers

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
We have a family bed with our two kiddos. When it was just kiddo I would switch sides with him every time he woke to nurse so I wasn't concerned. Now that munchkin is here I can't do that with her. I have to keep her between me and the wall. She is usually on her right side or her back but she still keeps her head turned towards the right. Should I be concerned about her head? Actually, come to think of it, when she's up on my chest she generally keeps her head that way too. What do you think?

Well, when it comes to being on the bed versus your chest, it doesn't create equality of neck muscle use, but it does switch the side of pressure on the head, so that's one less thing to worry about and one more thing to think about... Anyway, I'd just try to switch things up during the day. If your baby is turning her head to look at you, try to think about getting her to turn her head the opposite direction as when she's sleeping at night. Give her freedom of movement so she can roll from side to side. Try to get her to nap on the opposite side during the day. Things like that. And I know this doesn't all apply right now, but it soon will. It may result in a slight bit of lopsidedness, but that's completely normal. As she begins rolling from side to side and changing positions more, it will even out for the most part. Leo is 3 months old and I don't notice anything more than what I noticed in my first. And once your baby is sitting, crawling, or comfortable on her tummy, it will also relieve some pressure to the head.

Thank you :)

I realized after that she actually turns her head the other way mostly when she's up with me. The joys of sleep deprivation. Haha! I do try to make sure she is napping with her head different ways. It's just in bed that she stays on one side because she likes to turn towards me and cuddle in. <3 She turns on her side and lays like that.

I never worried about this in bed as dc were always carried in sling during the day so there was no pressure on head then. Just move her head when in sling x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->