Question for third trimester ladies

Arisa

Mummy to Summer Rose
Reaction score
Okay so its not the nicest topic but when it comes to things like constipation and the dreaded Haemorrhoids are they inevitable?
do they happen even if you eat lots of fruit, beans and fibre rich food as well as exercise moderately?
The doctor told me its bound to happen no matter what I do which is not comforting at all:cry: why even stress that eating fibre is important?

I have not had any problems yet but am only ten weeks in LOL

Any experiences with this?:hugs:

I got hemmoroids with both pregnancies dispite eating good and working out...:( I think it is the weight of the uterus and baby. I didnt suffer too much from constipation though. I am sure not EVERYONE gets them so I hope you dont!

The constipation I can relate to, it started with me near the end of the second trimester and keeps getting worse the further on I become, my secret is to add raisons, beans and lots of water to my diet every day to keep things going...if all that fails I have a nice curry chip from the chinese :haha: I have no idea about the piles unfortunately as I havent experienced them, but with all pregnancy ailments they probably arent pleasant :haha: I hope you dont get them either!! :flower:

How are you finding your pregnancy so far?

with my first 2 pregnancies I didnt deal with constipation or hemorrhoids. I had constipation with this one due to meds I was on, but no hemorrhoids.

No, I have had neither with both my pregnanices :shrug:

I've managed to avoid hemmoroids thus far, though I hear just about all women get them while pushing even if you managed to not get them through pregnancy. However I have had constipation come and go all throughout, sometimes its worse and sometimes not so bad, but I got used to it. I haven't had it nearly as bad as some of the other women post on here though! I've had every other problem except these though, so I'm thankful they've stayed away for the most part! I haven't bothered with high fiber or anything, so I don't really know if it makes a difference.

Only had issues going when I was on iron tabs. No probs since, eating a lot of fruit has helped : )

I've been constipated for the last 2 weeks almost....my midwife finally okay'd me to use a glycerin suppository today - I can't wait to go home after work so I can poop! LOL.

I've managed to avoid hemmoroids thus far, though I hear just about all women get them while pushing even if you managed to not get them through pregnancy. However I have had constipation come and go all throughout, sometimes its worse and sometimes not so bad, but I got used to it. I haven't had it nearly as bad as some of the other women post on here though! I've had every other problem except these though, so I'm thankful they've stayed away for the most part! I haven't bothered with high fiber or anything, so I don't really know if it makes a difference.

:shrug: I dont think thats true at all. I dont know anyone who got them from pushing really.

I've not had any haemorrhoids or constipation at all...

No hemerroids or constipation first time around; have hermerroids but no constipation this time around. Only got them last week and with cream they're beginning to clear up. I eat a high fibre diet, plenty of fruit and veg and guzzle water. MW says mine are down to sheer weight of baby pressing down. Nice! x

I've had both, ugh. I don't know why though, it just happened regardless of eating fruit and fibre and drinking 2 litres of water each day. I recommend syrup of figs (which I got at a chemist) if you end up in a similar position x

consipation but thats caus im always on high dose iron supplements when pregnant , no hemoroids with any of my pregnancies though

Ive had constipation on and off since the start of my pregnancy but since i started having high fibre cereal for breakfast every morning its not been bad at all (touch wood), i also eat LOADS of fresh fruit and have drank 2 litres of water everyday since i got my BFP. So ive not been really bothered with either, fingers crossed it stays that way!!
xxx

The constipation I can relate to, it started with me near the end of the second trimester and keeps getting worse the further on I become, my secret is to add raisons, beans and lots of water to my diet every day to keep things going...if all that fails I have a nice curry chip from the chinese :haha: I have no idea about the piles unfortunately as I havent experienced them, but with all pregnancy ailments they probably arent pleasant :haha: I hope you dont get them either!! :flower:

How are you finding your pregnancy so far?

thank you :hugs:
Yeah pregnancy has been easy constipation wise as I have had none and been very regular but I do worry about getting piles later on in the third trimester but constipation is not a big concern.

Thanks for all your replies too ladies :hug:

I haven't had either. Its not a given that all pregnant women will have constipation or hemmoroids, you might escape them too!

my first popped up yesterday and wow, painful! I started treating immediately with ointment.. but how long does it take to go away..
and yes, I'm one too who has ate well and exercise and drink plenty of water.. and still managed somehow. I guess it may be like the other one said- just the weight and positioning of the baby and uterus.

but yeah- anyone treating... how long does the treatment take to make it better?

I have one small 'pile' (hemmorhoid) but have had no constipation, I'm sure it's the weight of the baby et al pressing on the rectal veins.

I didn't get piles from my previous pregnancies, can't remember about constipation.

This time, I have been constipated badly despite prunes, lots of fibre and plenty of fluid, but no haemorrhoids as of yet. I hope I don't get them as I've heard they are agony.

no constipation or piles, and I take an extra iron supplement as well (with dinner, tho -- so that might make a difference?), in fact, have to poo twice a day as eat loads of fibre (brown bread toast, brown rice, etc.), but I like that stuff -- just maintain a healthy diet and you should be okay....

(oops, sorry did have a 'pile' around wk 16, but took some fibre meds and it was okay)

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->