Question for those who have taken their LO's abroad?

Carrie76

Mummy to Ethan and Isla
Reaction score
I really want to book a holiday for next Summer, we won't get away anywhere this year so I want something to look forward to. My Hubby seems to think it would be a nightmare abroad with 2 little ones. I think if we go somewhere family friendly it will be great:thumbup:

Does anyone have any experience? Is it a nightmare or did you enjoy it? :flower:

We took STephen away when he was 4 months, and we're planning on going abroad with the two of them next year! We really enjoyed it, he was well behaved, everyone on the plane moaned when we got on and some old couple made a comment about being stuck in front of a baby... then afterwards turned to us and said they have never had such an enjoyable journey with a young baby before and how it was a pleasure to be in front of him! Just gotta make sure you're prepared, and that you're not in a town where it's all party-goers etc. Take a cheap stroller with you so if it gets damaged via the plane journey it's not too big a deal. Make sure you have plenty of things to distract them for the plane journey. If you stress out about it, then your whole holiday will be stressed, if you try and stay relaxed it's a lot of fun! Just don't expect much time for sunbathing :haha:

Hope this helps.... though it might seem a bit rambled lol

My brother has just been abroad with a 10 year old, a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 4 month old... he loved it, said he would do it again anytime, even if the kids were a lot younger :flower:

My family have bee ntaking kids away since 9 months old. My aunt took her 3 (all under 2 years) to Tunisia, was absolutely fine and not that stressful. I'd do it if we had 2 personally.

I took Emma halfway across the world at 4/5 months, and it was easy! Definitely not the relaxing holiday I would have had without her, but it was still enjoyable. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->