Question for those with babies that feed themselves?

NickyKB

Reaction score
What age did they start?

Did you do anything to teach them or did they just do it by themself?

PS My LO is now 8+ months he's only been on bottles for 6-8 weeks full time and he just seems quite happy for me to do all the work and hold it....

It was 12-14 months for us (which I think is a wee bit late) but by 12 months seems the norm. I thought it was very cute! :)

My 16 month old STILL wont hold her bottle! But saying that my 1 month old likes to put her hands/fists on her bottle sometimes when she feeds. I tried letting go of the bottle a couple of times and she can actually balance it quite well herself! So Im guessing in a few weeks time she might show interest in wanting to hold it herself properly. I think alot of it has to do woth the bottles you use aswell. My DD2 has MAM bottles and DD3 has TTCTN and the TT seem alot easier to hold. xx

If my LO is in a led down position propped up then she will hold the bottle. Sometimes I will need to lift it a bit but she will hold it.

She can't hold it sitting though. She will grab it and try however.

she got the hang of it once she had mastered sippy cups- so around the 8 month mark. but she still prefers me to hold the bottle

He was 20 months :rofl: drinking from a bottle was his relax time. He was weaned off the bottle at 23 months xx

7 months-ish - I wasn't fast enough getting her sat down on my knee and the lid off the bottle and bib on for her liking - so she grabbed it off me, scowled at me and popped it in her mouth herself! Comes in handy on a morning as I can get her dressed, give her the bottle and she'll hold it and feed herself while watching me get dressed and sorted out!

My baby is very....passionate about food. She began ripping the bottle out of my hand at 4 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->