Question for women who have had a miscarriage...

ssjad

Reaction score
This is my 7th pregnancy. My last 3 pregnancies I had bleeding in 1st trimester. I lost one and the other two are fine. This week I started spotting (wk 8). I'm sure bubby is fine at this stage. If it gets worse I'll have an ultrasound. The thing that's keeping me from stressing too much is that I still have symptoms.

When I had my miscarriage my symptoms had reduced significantly in the two days prior (although I only noted that in hindsight). My symptoms didn't disappear completely until the day after my miscarriage, so really I'm thinking it shouldn't really be that comforting that I still have symptoms now.

When did everyone else lose their pregnancy symptoms?

All of mine have been totally different the first one I had I lost my symptoms a day or so before but with my second one I still had symptoms for a couple of weeks afterwards. Then with my third and fourth I didn't really have any symptoms in the first place. I think you just never know sounds like it is common for you to bleed though and still have successful pregnancies so I'm sure everything is fine!

Thanks, yes I'm not particularly concerned. It just got me curious.

I think I lost mine about 3 weeks before but it was a mmc that they had to induce so it's a bit different. I remember feeling better about 9 weeks and then the scan showed baby stopped growing at 8+6. Not spotted til 12 weeks.

i had symptoms also several days after the loss and they never decreased before. i just started bleeding and knew in my heart that that was it. :/

Mine have mostly disappeared this week, and saw heartbeat on scan yesterday so all is okay :)

I haven't had a miscarriage, but just wanted to wish you well and hope that your baby will be okay x

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, ladies.
So it seems symptoms really aren't a good indicator at all!

With my mmc I didn't get any strong symptoms at all, it was the total opposite to my previous pregnancy

My symptoms always disappeared before mc. Last time I knew immediately. lost symptoms at 9 weeks exactly, had a scan the same day and heard: sorry no hb. baby measured 9 weeks. I hope u r fine. I however think symptoms are not a good indicator and wish you healthy pg. x

My symptoms always disappeared before mc. Last time I knew immediately. lost symptoms at 9 weeks exactly, had a scan the same day and heard: sorry no hb. baby measured 9 weeks. I hope u r fine. I however think symptoms are not a good indicator and wish you healthy pg. x

With my first pregnancy, which ended in a chemical, i never had strong symptoms to begin with -but the one thing i did have was an inability to suck my stomach in right from the start. I had some warning it was going to happen as the pregnancy tests were faint and getting no darker, but the day i actually started to bleed was when i realised i could suck my stomach in again.... so for me that was a sign x

I've had two CPs (4w3d and 5w3d) and both times I had symptoms up until the bleeding started and for about a day after.

in all of my MC, symptoms were less/not present from the get go. They were ever as strong at any point as they are for me in a viable pregnancy.

I had a mmc. Found out at 10w5d that baby had passed at 6w4d. I had nausea (but no vomitting) the entire time. My symptoms only disappeared a couple of days after I passed the sac. However with my 2 viable pregnancies, I've been very sick with pretty intense vomitting.

Sorry I certainly don't mean to scare anyone, but there's this general idea out there that you always lose your symptoms with a mmc, but that's not always the case.

My first was a mmc and I didn't lose symptoms until I had my D&C. They did lessen before, but even that was after I knew baby no longer had a hb. My next 2 were natural mc. With one, I never got strong symptoms and lost them when bleeding started. The other, I had strong symptoms that lessened as I was bleeding.

With last pregnancy, during week 7 I had a bleed and major cramping that lasted 2 hours (the doubled over, mc feeling cramping) and I suddenly lost all symptoms (and they had been strong since 4w6d) Went to OB 4 days later and baby was still there w heart beating (she's one now) and symptoms came back. Just saying you never know.

I only had some small symptoms. But realised I had felt a bit better for a while, I thought this was fine. But baby stopped at 8 weeks found out at 12 weeks.

What is strange though is that I kept thinking 'having a baby might not happen' I was very negative. Like a instinct that things weren't right.

It was still a shock though.

This time I'm feeling so much more unwell, dizzy & head achy so hoping this means a full term healthy pregnancy.

But I've also seen plenty of women whose symptoms stop but baby is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->