Question for you lovely ladys!

emmylou92

Hollie's Mammy
Reaction score
Did any of you haveva 'Feeling' you were going to go into pre term labour?

If so what sort of feeling, or was there any 'signs'?

Or was It just sudden?
:flower:

I knew ahead of time I was going to have a preemie since, I had IUGR and a crappy placenta they told me at 24 weeks I was going to have to deliver early but they were going to wait till the last possible min. I actually wound up starting the process on my own though at 35 +6. I couldn't sleep, just was feeling totally unsettled and feeling horribly nauseous I ran into the bathroom to puke and my water broke. I called the Maternal Fetal Medicine, and they told me to come in. From there they induced my labor and after 10 hours in labor and only dilating one centimeter my babies heart dipped and I was brought in for emergency c-section. The umbilical cord was so tight around her neck it was horrible. But the got her out okay.

With my first pregnancy I never had a "feeling" that I would go into premature labor. The thought had never even crossed my mind! One night I began having what I "thought" was braxton hicks, and they eventually turned into full blown contractions, leading to the birth of my son 3 days later (after a failed attempt at stopping them). With my second, I was always scared of going into premature labor, but again, I didn't think I would because I was on weekly progesterone shots, and the Doctor reassured me I would probably go to full term. I made it to 35 weeks before going into spontaneous preterm labor again, with immediate contractions.

I also had totally uncomplicated pregnancies with both of mine. The only thing I felt with my second was a feeling of pressure like my bump had dropped and got heavy the day before. The week before I thought I could feel odd painless twinges in my cervix but everyone told me it was probably just my brain playing tricks on me. I was probably right to think my cervix was dilating. When I got up the next day I was immediately having contractions 3 minutes apart and it was extremely fast in both cases. Second time I wasn't surprised it was happening although Id trusted the consultant that the chances of a repeat were low and didn't think there was any point going in to report what I was feeling as they'd told me they would just deliver me if I went into labour, they wouldn't try to stop or delay it.

Strangely enough, when I was about 12 weeks, I said to OH, Im going to have this baby prematurely I just know it. My waters broke ' 32+6.

I had Braxton Hicks for a few days before but other than that my waters just broke suddenly :flower:

I had always said "I'm going to go early"
I looked at my boss straight in the eye a week or two before and i told her the same. She palmed it off and it lead to a discussion about me being a former 29 weeker.

There was no reason why I should have thought that, but for some reason it was a gut thing!

The week before I thought i had an awful water infection but later I was fine. I told OH something god awful was going to happen, I didnt know what or who but i just knew.

On the day in question, I had what i thought was just wind pains. That started at about 10pm and by 6am she was here.

We still speak of the day I told him something terrible was going to happen in our lives, and that week was the worst week of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->