Question from a 20 week-er!!

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me popping in. I am 20 weeks today and have my scan next week. I'm excited but also scared because I haven't felt my baby move yet :( I've read conflicting advice about when this should have happened but generally by 20 weeks most people seem to have felt something. When did you feel your little one moving for the first time? xx

With this one I started feeling something at about 15/16 weeks but with my first it was well over 20 weeks, probably about 23 I think, I had an anterior placenta with him which meant a lot of the movement was cushioned by the placenta.

Thanks, maybe that's what's happening with me as well! I just want to feel something!

Do you have a copy of your scan report in your notes? On there somewhere there will be the position of the placenta, it will say posterior or anterior.

I didn't feel my first until 23 weeks and this one at 17. Both times I've had an anterior placenta. Don't worry just yet. X

Thanks Becky :)

OK dom85 I'll check...thank you!

I felt my daughter in my first pregnancy at 18 weeks...but they were just kicks to the cervix. By 21-22 weeks I was able to feel some movements that weren't to the cervix. I had an anterior placenta.

This time I asked at my 13 week scan where my placenta was and was told it was too early to say. At my 20 week scan I still hadn't felt any movement and asked again and was told it was posterior...or maybe the u/s tech explained it wrong. It was anterior again. I didn't feel any definite movement till 24 weeks even though this is my second pregnancy and it wasn't long after the first one!

I felt my first movement at 15 weeks, but I had to be paying real close attention. By 20 weeks I was feeling her regularly throughout the day or when I laid down. On days where I hadn't felt her I'd lay on my stomach. She seemed to hate that and would always start kicking, so she was mad, but I was comforted lol

Hey

This is my first as well and to be honest I didn't really feel him at 20 weeks either it was around the 23-24 week mark I felt this kicks properly and up to about 26-27 weeks I had days where he was super active and other days where he would be chilling and hardly move at all. Its only in the past week or so that he has started to get into a routine and I feel him every few hours through out the day.

Midwife did tell me that you don't start counting the movements until you hit 28 weeks xxx

Thanks everyone. I'm anxious to get to my scan next week and see him / her bouncing all over the place so I can put my mind to rest!!

When is your scan ?

Its strange because at the scan he was moving and he even kicked me but I didn't feel it even when I was watching him moving and squirming all over the place !

With my daughter who was a very lazy baby in the womb, and our first, I did not feel her until about 23/24 weeks. This baby who is our second, I felt at 15 weeks but he is super active. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I know it's hard not to but I think you're fine. -+

I felt things that may have been movements at around 18-19 weeks, but figured it was just gas at the time. The first time I (and hubby!) felt the baby kick on the outside was about a week or so after the midway ultrasound, so I must have been about 21 weeks. It'll come, don't worry :) My kid likes to roll around and punch like crazy now.

I had maybe felt flutters but I didn't really start to feel him kick and move around until at least 22-23 weeks.

Flutters before 13 weeks and everyone feeling at 16 weeks. However I was at the hospital last week (so I was 22 weeks) and the Dr said that many are only just beginning to feel movement at this gestation.

this is my first baby and i first felt her movements at 12 weeks but i wasnt for sure until i noticed a routine in them by 13 weeks. id say 13 weeks was NO DOUBT whatsoever that the routine pops i were feeling so early on were her! my boyfriend and mom were able to feel them at 16 weeks as well as see them beneath my skin!

Well I've had my scan and as predicted, placenta is across the front!! I'm starting to feel slight movements at night now though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->