Question from a brand new temper - help please!!

Rozzer

Mum of 2, expecting #3
Reaction score
Hi!

This is our second cycle TTC#2.

We're easing in but I've decided to try temping. What I want to know is how hard out do I need to be? My understanding is that you need to take your temp before you sit up, but I can surely reach out and turn my alarm off, right??

Also, I get upon weekdays an hour before I want to wake up on weekends. What sort of effect will this have? Not too much or should I just wake up earlier on weekends??

Any answers appreciated, thank you!

Guidelines from FF:
1. Take your temperature just as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything else.
2. Take your temperature at the same time every morning, or as close to the same time as possible.
3. Take your temperature after a solid few hours of sleep.
4. Take your temperature using a special BBT thermometer.
5. Enter your data on your chart or bedside notepad as soon after taking your temperature as possible.

Is it important for it to be at same time or after three hours?
"Ideally, you will be able to take your temperature at both the same time and after at least three hours of sleep, but sometimes this is not possible. Do your best to meet the ideal as closely as possible. Whether or not you will have a more accurate temperature after sleeping the longest or at your usual wake-up time varies depending on your own unique metabolism. You will only really know after you have charted for several cycles and have experimented a little bit."

Yes, I think you can reach out and turn off your alarm and grab your thermometer. It's important not to talk, drink, eat, walk around, etc. before taking temp as that may affect it. Waking up at different times can make a big difference for some people and some people say they do not notice much of a difference. There are those who support adjusting temps when they are late and many who really disapprove of doing so. I'd say try to take it at the same time every day. However, since you are easing into it and might not want extra stress you can probably take it one hour later on weekends. Or if you want to go by the guidelines you can set your alarm for the normal time, take the temp, and then go back to sleep. If you know when you are supposed to ovulate you can just be sure to wake up at the same time on those suspected days and/or the three following days if they fall on the weekend just to be sure. However, you should be able to see the temp shift even if the times are a little off. It may not be as concrete but you should still be able to see the shift.

Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->