question on 35 weeker?

jmbbf

Mummy to Angel Ryan x831x
Reaction score
hi ladies just a quick q?
my daughter was born at 34+6 and is now 6 weeks 4 days. shes always very serious never cries like a normal baby just screams but only when shes ready for a feed.
she sleeps near enough all day still and only wakes for bottles or the occasional hour ish in the day is this still normal or should she be awake more?
we still havent gotten a smile out of her yet either.
i know preemies reach milestones slower than term babies i just dont know whats "normal" for a preemie.

sorry if this post seems abit wishy washy but was jut looking for a bit of advice.

thanks ladies x

Sounds absolutely normal. Abby only ever cried when she was hungry (until the colic hit) She slept 20 hours a day and until she was about 4 or 5 months we thought she hated us! Enjoy the down time as it will soon pass and you'll wonder when your next nap is!

didnt want to R&R. Dont have any experience with a preemie but I do hope that everything works out great for you and LO. She's a cutie :)

:wave: I had my son 12 days ago at 36 week exact and he sleeps all day and just about wakes for feeds. Nurses say on NICU it's totally normal for them at any age under 39 gestational week to sleep all the time and not want to be bothered with.. It's becuase they shouldn't be here just yet.

Isaac cries when he wants feeds or his bum is being changed! Thats all and its just face pulling and a mini scream.

Hope your daughter is home soon :). She'll get there :). I don't expect to much from him now which was hard at first I just wanted him home but we take each day at a time and now we just wait for him to get stronger and we don't push him ;).

Good Luck x

Hi, my son was born just under 33 weeks, he's almost 5 months now.

We didn't get a smile out of Oliver that wasn't easily dismissed as wind until he was about 11 weeks old and then there was no stopping him. We still haven't got a proper belly giggle out of him yet either but he does laugh quietly and does little hur and har sounds so that will do for me.

As for the crying, Oliver is still really quiet and I often have a chat with him and tell him if he's awake to let me know as I feel awful when I go to get him out of his cot every morning and he looks wide awake.

He only ever cries during the day for his feed and even thats very rare as he is fed every 4 hours and doesn't seem to be hungrier before then.

I have asked our consultant about his lack of crying and he advises that a lot of the time preemies are a lot quieter than full term babies and especially if they have had a stay in NICU as they are used to hustle and bustle and noise from birth.

He's always slept loads too. He is awake more during the day now but still has 2 naps, this has been for the last 8 weeks or so. Before that he would be asleep most of the day and only be awake for an hour at a time.

Hope some of this helps.xx

My William was born at 35+5 weeks and for the first several weeks he was very sleepy and hardly ever cried. It was only when he gained more weight that he became more active.

I wouldn't worry too much - every baby is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->