Question on the bloods midwife takes

meow951

Reaction score
We're trying again but i'm terrified that i have something wrong with me. So i've got some quick questions.

When i had my scan it showed that the uterus was normal so i guess thats good.

The midwife took my bloods at 6 weeks and the doctor said that they looked normal and i didn't hear anything from the midwife. What do they actually test for in those bloods and if there was anything that might hinder future pregnancies would they be able to tell, for example progesterone levels, blood group etc.

Hi hun, I am not sure what they tested for - maybe to make sure your hcg levels where back to 0??? I hope you have your sticky bean and a new baby bundle very soon!! :hugs

No, i mean the bloods they take at your booking appointment when you're actually pregnant!

Would they show like low progesterone etc or is that only tested for if you have problems. I'm just paranoid im never going to have a baby.

They normally just test your iron levels and immunity to childhood diseases (chicken pox/rubella etc), HIV and syphilis.

They are also testing for toxoplasmosis, they would have tested your blood type as well in case you were rhesus neg or not. If they came back all fine you were all clear hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->