Question re. BBT and BC

Ellie Bellie

Enjoying my Little Girl!
Reaction score
I've been looking around online and can't seem to find an answer to this:

Is it possible for your BBT to indicate ovulation and for you to NOT ovulate?

I went off BC and know that I may or may not have resumed ovulation with that first cycle. (I've heard it may take as long as 6 months for my cycle to return.) My BBT charting indicated that I ovulated last weekend, putting me in the 2WW right now, which I totally hadn't been expecting. I'm trying not to symptom watch (which is tough when the girls hurt so much!) and I'm also not clear what symptoms are due to (possibly attributed to first month off BC as well). I'm just playing it all by ear right now and waiting to test. There's certainly a lot that I need to learn about BBT and my body!

Thanks!

Can you post a link to your chart so we can have a squizz?

You could have ovulated, IDK how long it takes for ovulation to resume...BUT sore boobs are a normal luteal phase symptom, please don't think of them as a pg symptom or you'll be disappointed every month, sorry.

I think I've figured out how to share with others. (Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll play with it)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36baef

I've heard that after Nuva Ring, it can take as long as 6 months to resume ovulation, though some people ovulate that first month. I know some of my symptoms are common for going off birth control so I'm REALLY trying to not interpret things as pg symptoms. I'd like to think that I don't have the expectation of getting pregnant any time soon (though it would be nice!). Rather, I'm trying to figure out "what to expect when you're trying to expect" from a medical perspective. I'm all about researching and gathering information!

Ok well it looks pretty good, the page you shared isn't the regular chart though, it's the overlay one, but there's a dip and then a sustained rise so that looks quite hopeful.

Were you also recording CM data (which would be on the main bit of the chart) and did you use OPKs?

Since I started charting a few months back, I realise that boobs are sore more often than they are not sore LOL

Ok well it looks pretty good, the page you shared isn't the regular chart though, it's the overlay one, but there's a dip and then a sustained rise so that looks quite hopeful.

Were you also recording CM data (which would be on the main bit of the chart) and did you use OPKs?

Since I started charting a few months back, I realise that boobs are sore more often than they are not sore LOL

Thanks for taking a look at it! I'm trying to figure out how to share the charts. I only started tracking this cycle and haven't played with the site much.

- Some CM recording, as I'm trying to figure out what's what. It was more EWCM around that time with thicker discharge right before (I think 2 days before)

- Just got the OPKs from Amazon today with the plan that I'd start trying them next month.

- And what's with the boobs? They hurt when I exercise, when I move, and when hubby says hello to them. I'm not well-endowed, but they seem a little larger right now. Of course this could easily be attributed to my extra eating while in Canada a few weekends ago!

LOL, unfortunately boobs in their natural state do fluctuate a bit during the cycle!

The OPK's help nail down when O is approaching(if you got the kind with the line you'll hopefully see the line get darker the nearer you get to O), and the temping will confirm once it's occurred, but what you've got so far looks promising.

I would love to see the whole chart bc I think OV could have also been on 3DPO, lol.

Okay, I think I got the chart fixed this time to include everything. I just don't have it all looking right in my signature now. Yup, I'm feeling technologically impaired today! I could see how ovulation could have been at 3DPO on the chart instead.

https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Use this link whenever you need to adjust your temp; I think the open circle on 3DPO might be confusing FF. See if you can get the circle closed and your x-hairs might move.

https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Thanks for the link! I made the correction and it bumped the temp up just a little bit. I'll definitely keep track of that site for any other corrections that may come my way.

The circle is still open. Did you mark restless or disturbed sleep? I usually don't touch those bc FF will throw the temp.

Does it mean 'look' or are you two going to piss on her chart? Lol

I know! I've actually been to bed for 2 hours but couldn't get to sleep, too excited about my puppy I guess.

Yeah, because I'll be gone 2 weeks maybe 3, that is too long to ask my parents to puppysit, once she's grown up then fine.

I though maybe OH would be home at that time. Would the breeder board her for you while you were gone? I have seen some that do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->