Question regarding the booking of c section

Cajadaem

Reaction score
hi all.

This is my 6th baby, but will be my 1st c section, so i feel a bit like a newbie, as i have so much i really know nothing about.

But could anyone please tell me, if you know, at what point is a date set for a planned c section? i just wandered how much notice i will have to be able to plan everything?

I think it really depends on the doctor. I've had mine scheduled since mid-October, but I had a friend who didn't get hers scheduled until she was about 34w.
You might just ask to see when they will get it scheduled. That's what I did and he said he would just have them do it that week.

i have a consultant appointment next week, and growth scan, but i'll only be 28wk 3d, and was going to ask her, but thought i would see if anyone knew. I dont expect to know just yet, i will have another appointment at 32weeks and last one at 36weeks, just hoping to find out before the 36 week mark, as would be handy for a bit more time to plan around it x

Mine has been booked for a few weeks now, think I was 27 weeks when it was booked.

thats good, in UK too :flower: :thumbup: hopefully find out sooner rather than later then :winkwink:

I was going to book a c-sec for this birth, but have decided to go VBAC - when i asked about it at 28 weeks, my midwife said i will book it on my 36 week appointment with the consultant.

I'm 34 weeks, and I have my consultant appointment on Friday to get my section date. Just dying to get it so I know whats happening! The midwife did say it'd be around a week before my actual due date.

I had mine scheduled at 30 weeks because my OB wanted to ensure that he wasn't on vacation and I got the date I wanted :)

Now if she decides to come early.......well, there is nothing else I can do. I will have her at exactly 39 weeks otherwise.

Dee

i will be having mine at no later than 38wks, so just hope to have some notice :) :wacko:

Mine was booked last week at 37+2 however as this baby is breech they wouldn't have booked one sooner because she may well have turned. Last week we were up the hospital for various reasons and had it hooked then for the 30th.

I'm not sure how normal that is, this is my first section too xx

Hey :)

I'm having twins, so much higher chance of c-section than with a singleton. At my 28 week scan both babies were transverse (as they have been since 16 weeks!), and the consultant said if they have not changed position at my 32 week scan then I will be penciled in for my c-section, with the decision bwing solidified at my 36 week scan. I'm funding the prospect of a c-section very scary as I've had 3 natural births, no epidural or anything with my girls so I really don't know what to expect either. X

I also find the idea of the c section very scary, but after my last 2 had to be induced, and the hell i went through with last one, i much prefer the idea of the section compared to that horror :wacko:

I have a fairly good idea of dates within a week window. I just wandered when it would be concrete so to speak. :shrug:

I've only had gas and air in the past. Need some time to plan care for the other children, and arrangements for getting too/from hosp also, as its a 1hr 20min drive away from home :wacko:
Hopefully it will all be clear, i am hoping around my 32 week appointment, but i will ask my consultant next week. :winkwink:

Mine was scheduled at almost 37 weeks after a growth scan. They do sections in the 39th week here.

I've had two sections and definitely found the thought scarier than the actual procedure. I would go so far to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my CS with Sophie.

I had my section booked at my 26 week scan, maybe even a little earlier. I had a traumatic birth with my daughter which ended up with a section, and I'd rather be booked in due to the anxiety of labour xx

I got my scheduled when I was 36 weeks. I'll be having it when I'm 39+1 since they absolutely refuse to do it before then and 39 is Christmas. :haha:

Mine was booked at 32+5 after my growth scan for 38+5 :)

Mine was booked at my 32w appointment.
I had a great experience with my son, also a planned section. So calm and happy :cloud9: Can't wait for the next one!

MLine was booked at my 21 week OB appointment for 38+6 weeks. I got booked so early as my mother is watching my children and because she works as a nurse on an army base she had to know well in advance for leave.

I love knowing my date that way I can really count down... 74 days and counting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->