Question...

muminlove

Cael's Mumma
Reaction score
I know there's all kinds of differnt wedding receptions eg breakfast, brunch, cocktail, dinner etc
I would like to have like a canape reception...ish. I want to have it at night but with yum cha :blush: and drinks, so no sit down dinner (but still with a heap of tables seating etc but in a more informal setting and without set places etc?) ....is that crazy? Do you think people would be starving and it would be awful? I just really want that relaxed feel....and yum cha! lol
What do people do at canape receptions? Just have it in the day or finish really early or something?
I know it's a fairly ignorant question.... help?

Were having canapes and drinks while we get the photos done as people will be bored, gives people a chance to mingle before we send them off to their set tables for a meal

Yum cha is the eating of lots of small servings of different chinese foods - dim sum and dumplings and the like....
Toooooo yummmy!

If theres enough food and enough variety it wouldnt be so bad but if your having your reception at somewhere that provides catering you need to make sure they are aware he canapes are the only things your guests are getting to eat and order more otherwise you will only get a few pieces for each guest which isnt relaly enough

It will be in our summer and I'm wanting to have the ceremony in a vineyard and then hoping to have the reception outside also and think I would just hire a private yum cha catering company....And like you said I would order heaps, don't mind if there's left overs! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->