Questions about HCG levels

Chelsie

Reaction score
January/February I had a miscarriage. I did end up having 1 period after that and it has been a while since that last period so I called my doctor to talk about possibly starting provera since sometimes I can go months without a period and we wanted to get it going so we could do treatments again. However, the doctor wanted to run some tests before starting the provera which actually then led to a positive pregnancy test. On June 2nd my HCG was 15 so they wanted to double check it to make sure it wasn't an error. On June 5 (the tests were almost exactly 36 hours apart) the HCG level was 34. My most recent level on June 9 was 278. I have absolutely no idea how many weeks I would be since I was actually on CD 54 when I found out I was pregnant. Do these levels seem to be looking okay? I know they typically say double every 48 hours which I have been but I guess I am just really paranoid since the miscarriage.

Hey Hun, they look fine. My hcg never doubles not even 60% I'm one of those oddities lol. Leaves doctor & consultant baffled. Hope all is well. Happy & healthy 9months x

Lookin good! Hopefully they'll do a dating scan for yousoon since you don't know. :thumbup:

looks GREAT! Excellent numbers. But no one can really estimate you how far along that means you are, since everyone's numbers are SO different.

Here is a link to AmericanPregnancy.org that shows the range of what "normal" is at different times: https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

Basically it's this (note: "gestational age" begins at two weeks BEFORE conception):
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE&#8211; every woman&#8217;s level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.

Quite the range, huh? ;-)

For fun, I like to use this doubling time calculator: https://www.betabase.info/calc/

You can put in the date and time of your blood tests, what the numbers were and it'll tell you how many hours your numbers are taking to double.

It's fun to play with. BUT, be CAUTIOUS!!!! Don't let it stress you out. Don't think it's supposed to be 48 hours exactly. Like the above poster said, the numbers vary a lot from woman to woman. If you look at the "doubling time charts" on that same website, you'll see that there is a BIG range. Some people double in 18 hours, some people double in 90 hours, and they all had healthy (single) babies!

The numbers going UP (significantly) is what's important. And yours look great!!!

Congratulations!

Thanks for all of the encouragement!!! I am assuming I will have 1-2 more blood draws and then an early ultrasound if this goes the same as my last 2 pregnancies. :)

Wow, what a great surprise! Your levels seem fine to me. You may still be really early yet especially if your hcg was only 15 at the first draw. As long as they are increasing, that's always a positive sign. :)

Yes it was a complete surprise!! We were always told that it would be nearly impossible to get pregnant on our own and before our miscarriage we went through a year of intense fertility drugs and IUIs. I was completely shocked and that's probably why I still can't believe that I am lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->