questions about introducing bottle/formula

We've just tried again when she was hungry and we've made a tiny step forward. To start with as normal she wasn't having any of it. So I fed her on the boob for 5 mins, then she tolerated the bottle in her mouth for a free minutes. Chewing rather than sucking but at lease some milk went in. Then back on the boob to finish.

Tiny, tiny steps....

She took a bottle!!! Sucking and drinking and everything - she drank the oz of ebm that was in there. So chuffed as I've been worried sick about when I have to go away. Let's hope it wasn't a one hit wonder.

It was a NUK first steps with a latex teat.

Will try again tomorrow with more milk.

Hurrah!!! Go you. I've not tried all week. Going to have a go tomorrow. Well I might go out with my son and leave dd with daddy and a bottle.

Try introducing the bottle at different times of the day... I'm no expert. I'm actually having trouble with this lately. I've found that my son is terrible with the bottle in the evenings before bed, but he does just fine with it in the afternoon.

Today I braved going out with my toddler leaving dh in charge with the baby. I was out 3hrs, she had her first nap ok.. then at best he got an ounce into her via bottle. However, he can't answer whether she was actively sucking the bottle. Despite ke telling him not to cradle her t feed as she will relate it to bf he did and she went mental. By the time I returned she was almost hysterical and looked heartbroken. But we all survived. Wish she had taken more.

:hugs: that was just how dd2 was when I left her with my sister for 4 hours two weeks ago. Heartbroken and hysterical is a perfect description.

My LO can do just over 3 hours now without feeding so I guess she wasn't starved just cross.

I've been the one trying the bottle and she takes it better from me :shrug: which I thought wasn't the way its meant to be.

Tomorrow my aim is to get 2oz in her.

Small steps but we will get there. I'm not giving up.

*goes off to bang head repeatedly against wall*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->