Questions after ultrasound

Darc

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Hoping to find some comfort here. Let me give a little background info. I'm 40 years old and have had 5 successful pregnancies and one early miscarriage (my 1st pregnancy). I am currently pregnant with baby #6...which came as a huge shock to us. My lmp was 7/24 and I am assuming I conceived sometime between 8/9-8/11. Yesterday I started to have a little bit of spotting. Very little. It started out as brown and then later in the day there was a little bit of red. I haven't had cramping, more like a very mild discomfort, which has improved today. I also have had less spotting today. It has not even been enough to end up on my pantyliner. I called my doc's office and they sent me in for an ultrasound this morning. I had both abdominal and transvaginal done and the tech said it was basically inconclusive at this point. She said it looked earlier than what my dates had me at and that there may have been the beginning of a yolk sac. I am teetering between being completely heartbroken and staying hopeful. I've done a lot of reading on early scans and I know all hope is not lost at this point. I also know I have a tipped uterus, which can interfere with the accuracy of these early scans. I am still waiting for my doc's office to get back with me on what our next step is. Just hoping to hear some success stories I guess.

Hey
Really sorry to hear you're having this worry, and unfortunately I don't have any experience of this but really hope you get answers you need soon.
Stay positive and I have everything crossed for you.
Hugs
Sam :flower:

Sorry hun, not much advice but I reckon if all was lost the doctors would have told you. And if they said they think they see the beginnings of a yolk sac then there's a good chance that's what it was because they surely wouldn't be allowed to say something like that to get your hopes up if they weren't fairly sure. That's just what I think anyway!

Huge :hugs: I have everything crossed for you xx

I agree with Sarah lo!
It may be just as they've said and you just aren't as far along as what you are figuring. At least that's my guess by the sound of it! I haven't had an experience like that (mine was a bit odd!!), but I have full faith that everything will work out fine :)
Fingers crossed!

Sorry you are going through this. I would go with what you were told. You may have conceived a few days later and the egg implanted at a later date therefore you are earlier than what you thought. The beginning of a yolk sac is a positive sign. Try to stay positive, i am sure they will send you for another scan. positive vibes and prayers coming towards your way!!

:flower: hope its good news :) When do you go in for another ultrasound?

Is it possible it was implantation bleed (usually somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks) if there was nothing there at all and all hope was lost they would have told you.

I'm going to stay positive and say it was implant bleed and your bean is just younger than you thought (for whatever reason ov'd late)

Thanks, ladies. I have to call my doctor tomorrow and see where we go from here. The bleeding is much heavier now, which I know is not a good sign. I think one of the hardest things is to figure out where to go from here. I didn't know I wanted another baby so much until I found out I was pregnant this time.

I haven't had spotting like you but definitely had cramping for the first few weeks, and based on lmp I was supposed to be 6 weeks at my first scan but she measured me and said that I was only 5 weeks and she found the yolk sac. She didn't seem distressed, said calmly that it was too early so she was going to have me come back in 10 days, and that's 3 days from now. I'm also nervously anticipating this scan and I hope that when I go everything is fine and they see a heartbeat or at least whatever they're supposed to see when I'm this far along, but if it makes you feel better, the ultrasound technician didn't seem alarmed or phased at all. Like, she seemed like she's seen this a million times and just shrugged and said, "Yeah, too early. We'll have you come back in 10 days." If there was something to be alarmed about, she probably would have said something, and my story sounds similar to yours (minus the spotting) so keep positive and we'll find out soon enough :hugs: :kiss:

I went in at supposedly 5 weeks one day and only saw a gest dsac a week later the same thing. today at 6 weeks 5 days they saw baby with a hb of 116 and put me due 4 days later than originally said don't give up yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->